Chapter XXVII

Wes POV

I wake up and immediately tried to get up, not realizing where I was. As I try to get up I feel a weight on my lap and I look down. I see Mari, peacefully asleep on my lap.
I look at the clock and find that it's 3:02 in the morning and we don't have to be awake for the next four hours. I gently pick Mari up a little and she starts to stir.
I quickly start to rub her head because I read somewhere that it helps calm sleeping people. She starts to lean into the petting and I smile.
Soon I have her sitting up and I move underneath her into more of a laying down position and I let Mari lay next to me. I have the guts to put my arm over Mari, pulling her closer to me, to which she responds by turning around to face me and curling up into my figure.
I can feel the smile on my face because for some reason this doesn't feel like lust. Instead it feels like I genuinely like her. I sigh wishing I knew my future with her. I close my eyes and I start to dream.

Dream starts

I wake up and I see a mirror and immeditately go towards it, seeing that I have completely silver hair, which means I haven't dyed it yet this month, or for a couple of months actually. I look and see that I'm in an oddly familiar cabin so I do what normal people do. I walk out of the cabin and I see a relatively younge aged person on the bottom of the steps. I look over her shoulder and see two wolves that seem to like her. I smile at my imagination. She looks up and says goodbye to her wolves and then walks inside.
She grabs a little tiara from a shelf that I didn't recognize was there. She kissed my cheek and started to talk to me. I honestly have no idea why I'm so surprised all of a sudden. Then I realize who the woman is. It's Mari. I smile and go along with it, knowing that my dream won't last very long.
She says "Wes, I can't believe that I'm finally 21 today, isn't that amazing? I can finally take control of my kingdom. However you must go back to your world. I will visit you every so often and you could visit me. We just have to wait for Shayne, Courtney and Damien to turn 21, then they can come over here with me, Lasercorn, Joven, Olivia, Noah and Keith.
We will finally be reunited.
It will finally give Shayne and Damien a home and Courtney could get away from her parents that are wanting to send her away for military.
It's going to be just perfect Wes, I can't feel it."
She smiles and I feel compelled to do the one thing that I wouldn't really do to her, besides just doing it last night. I kissed her, passionately.
She kissed back and then we took it to bed.

End dream

"Wake up! If you don't then we will all be late for school."
I look up to see who said that and I see Courtney and Shayne with a pillow in hand and Mari, David, and Joven sitting at the bar, laughing. Well, Mari is doing what is equivalent to laughing for a mute person but still.
I whine and complain about how she woke me up during the most perfect dream. While I do that I look at Mari and I swear I saw her blush a little.
Then again it could be my eyes playing tricks on me to see what I want to see, like the dream last night.
I see that they are waking everyone else up and when they do we see Mari, David and Joven bring out a plate overfilled with waffles.
Joven is also holding a bunch of plates and he passes one out to everyone. Then David and Mari pass out two waffles per person. Then we all see that there is a pile of clothes for everyone and after we eat, it's a race to get to the bathroom and get changed and if you wanted too, take a shower.
Mari is the first to finish eating and so she disappears and we all here water. Then she reappears and signed Olivia and Courtney that if they wanted they could join her and then Olivia finished and followed her up. Courtney then rushed and downed her food, chasing after them.
After they leave, it's just us guys and we don't really feel the need to take a shower so we are just slowly eating. Later on, after all the guys finished eating we all started to strip in the middle of the living room and have a little war while naked. Then we hear two screams and we look over to see Courtney and Olivia covering their eyes while Mari is just doing her mute laugh thing while taking pictures of all of us and none of us did anything to stop her because we were all frozen in place with embarrassment.
After she put her phone in her pocket she moved her hands in a way that says hurry up and we all snap out of it, throwing on our clothes.
Then we all pile out of the door, taking the same seats as we took the previous day. As Mari is sitting on my lap I look at her.
Today she is wearing a baggy but at the same time fitting shirt tied in a knot with a hair tie and a pair of jeans. On top of her head she is wearing a pair of turquoise and black cat ears.
I turn away to where she can't see my face and I smile, happy that she chose to sit on my lap and no one else's.