Chapter 5

The next morning was beautiful as Cara woke up bright and blue-eyed, ready to start the next day. At school, she was the life of the hallways and at home, she had the perfect family.

And then she woke up.

The recent dream caused a small headache to form in Cara's head as she dreaded the next day of school.
Walking down the hallways was monotonous as everything seemed so dull, until a person with big broad shoulders bumped into Cara's back. She winced with pain and she snapped her hea sideways to catch a glimpse of her assailant.

To her surprise, it was the same boy from before and consequently, he recognises her as well and sent a glare towards her making Cara shiver from the coldness of it. As she walkes away, she couldn't help but feel drawn to look at him one more time, as if hoping to memorise his face for any future meetings with him. As she lookes back, her eyes spotted a simple small necklace that he was wearing, embedded with small pieces of gold around.

Have you ever heard the saying curiosity killed the cat ? Well it proves to be true as Cara's eyes soon latched onto the mysterious boys's eyes and caught his gaze. He walked over, slowly as if stalking his prey, waiting for the right moment to get the kill. Cara quickly turned her back and started running in the other direction, hoping to deflect another argument as he started running after her. Her endurance seemed to fail her as Cara found herself needing to stop and take a breath and as she did, he found and cornered her.

She gulped nervously as he came closer and closer. Cara looked around trying to gain a sense of familiarity in her surroundings and found herself in an empty janitor's closet. Great, juuuust great , she thought nervously.

"I'm Adam" he said with his deep voice attracting goosebumps to cara's pale skin.

Cara nodded nervously in response as she was left wondering why he was just standing there.
"Look, I wanted to apologise for before. It was rude and I had a headache" Adam says as he looks Cara in the eyes. She however doesn't meet his eyes as she mutters under her breath " that doesn't justify your rudeness.". She however responds with " yeah it's cool. I need to go now." As she tries to get away from the aawkward situation of being in the janitor's closet with a stranger.

Adam has other plans as he stops he escape with his muscular arms trapping  her in the inside of them. Cara's eyes dart back and forth trying to think of a way to get out of the situation. 'Think Cara, come on think' she thinks to herself as it gets harder for her to breath.

'In. Out. In. Out. Breathe. Breathe' but her efforts were to no avail as spots were dancing in her vision as she soon fell to the floor unconscious.