Chapter 3

The screeching of the tires made Cara wince as the Rolls Royce pulled over to an unfamiliar gate with students pouring in, laughing and having fun. This is it, Cara thought as she cautiously opened her door and stepped outside. Time seemed to stop and many students stopped to look. Some were excited at the thought of a new student, some were jealous because Cara was very naturally pretty and did not use any cosmetics... She stepped forward and kept on walking, barely mumbling a goodbye to Caroline as her thick brown eyebrows furrowed, worried.  She burst through the front door in a frantic hurry to escape the judgmental eyes of the school.

" Welcome to Sea West High. You must be a new student. Let me get you to schedule right away so that you can head towards your next class. Oh, I almost forgot, don't worry about books... the teacher will supply you with them upon arrival in the classroom. For now, just use a piece of paper but make sure not to lose them." The receptionist politely said to Cara, now facing the exit, subtly hinting at her to exit. Cara merely nodded and proceeded to walk out and nearly fell over in the stampede of students rushing towards their next class. She looked around and started to feel panic, there were so many students walking around and it was so unfamiliar. It was a case of Anthropophobia- fear of people or society. She started to breathe in and out, having to remind herself how to do that!

Cara followed the crowd trying to not attract attention to herself as she spotted a room unoccupied... or so it seemed. Rushing towards the door she burst open and sighed inwardly at the emptiness of the classroom and gently placed her belongings on the nearest chair to her. 

"Umm, this room is kinda occupied," said a gruff, male voice. Cara snapped her head upwards at the voice and then realized that there was someone else in the room. Without saying a word, Cara snatched her things and backed out of the room, terrified at the prospect of having invading in someone's privacy. But it was too late before she could fully exit the room the door slammed shut and someone stood in front of it. Her eyes trailed upwards slowly, trying not to provoke the stranger standing in front of her. The stranger sighed inwardly at the cowardice of the new girl and decided to speak up.

" Let me guess, you're new here right? This room you're in right now is off limits. It's my special spot and no one is allowed here but me. You get a pass this time but next time you will regret it. Got it?" His voice was confident and abrupt which left Cara shaking in her shoes. She barely nodded in agreement before the stranger walked out of the room and switching off the lights leaving Cara there in the darkness wondering who the hell that guy was.

The next couple of periods went by undisturbed and peaceful. All the teachers were welcoming and helped her settle in the classroom but that didn't stop the dirty looks some of the students gave her. It's not like Cara would notice because she wouldn't dare look up and hold eye contact. It was something that living with her mother had taught her. It only causes more pain.