The Not So New Kid in Town

Today makes the first time I've been to school in two years. I left as a freshman because I thought homeschooling would help with the anxiety and depression but I had absolutely nothing to do (it might have been because after I left school I never touched a pencil again). So I'll see some familiar faces, and some total strangers. Am I ready for this? No. Do I really have a choice? Also no.

     Before I left I was a chubby kid with bright red hair, I always wore my skeleton gloves, I never did shit, and I was always dressed in a hoodie, jeans, and boots. I really glowed up if I'm being honest, girls are actually looking at me and acknowledging my existence, which wasn't that big of a deal for me. I'm bisexual, but guys are regularly my cup of tea. I got a few guys to turn their heads too though, which was also nice. I'm being put back two years though, so I can't focus on that right now.

     I'm not ready to deal with high school drama again, because I had escaped it for a really long time and I didn't really talk to any old school mates. This is gonna flip my life around, and not really in a good way. I already miss my quiet life of sitting on my ass eating stuffed garlic knots from Pizza Hut and seeing what was on Netflix after finishing series after series in a few days. I have to graduate though, as much as I hate seeing old friends and hearing 'I missed you so much!' After never getting so much as a like on a post from them in two years. I just want to get through it and go back to my sad, garlic knot eating life.

     I am kinda excited to see some of my old favorite teachers though. There were only like two of them, but they were the fucking best. There was the English teacher, Mr.Mowban, and the health teacher, Mr. Barala. They were funny as hell, and actually taught us things and cared about our educations. The rest of the teachers not so much.

I walked into the office to get my schedule, and thankfully I got a few teachers I was actually familiar with. My first class was even health with Mr. Barala! Maybe this won't be so bad. I walked in and sat down at the desk I sat in two years ago, it was in the very back next to the desk. I just wanted to be left alone and get through these long, dreadful years.

     "Holy shit, hey!" Looks like I'm not that lucky.
I turned around to see a really popular girl who never paid me any attention before. "Hello?" She smiled and twisted her hair. "You look so different, Frank! Homeschool really treated you well huh?" I internally rolled my eyes because if I actually did, she would probably turn the whole school against me again which isn't what I need right now.

     "Yeah haha, anyway what's up? Do you need something?" She looked around and eventually her eyes landed back onto me. "Just seeing how you've been, you look way cuter now if I might add." She blushed and I didn't really give two shits, but I guess I had to be nicer. "Well thanks a lot, and hey aren't you supposed to be a junior?"

     She faltered a bit. "Well I'm in the freshman corse for this class, but I'm in my regular years for the rest. I didn't do anything in here first year and failed and second year they didn't have any room for me." I made a mental note because I'm sure she's gonna want to talk to me a lot. The bell finally rang which gave me my escape route. "Well it was great talking to you Hannah, but I gotta pay attention this year." She nodded and waved, finally giving me my peace.

     Well, here goes nothing.