Chapter 1 - Tranquility

Miku stared at the door in front of her, waiting to be called into her new classroom. Her ears perked up as she heard her name. She slid the door open, drawing a deep breath before taking a step in.

She felt curious stares as she slowly proceeded to the front of the room. She looked up at the teacher, who smiled at her before turning to the class. "This is our new transfer student; please treat her well." The teacher looked back at Miku. "Now, would you mind introducing yourself?" the teacher said warmly.

"Y-yes!" Miku stuttered, "M-my name is H-hatsune Miku, I... I hope to get along with you all!" she said, speaking a bit too fast and causing a few giggles from her new classmates.

She was instructed to sit by a desk near the back. She was glad, being near the back would mean less people would have a chance to stare at her for the rest of the class.

As she sat down, a girl beside her grinned. "You're really pretty, Hatsune-san!" Miku blushed. No one had really said that to her before. She uttered a small "thanks" before the girl continued. "I'm Yamamoto Ayaka! Let's get along!" Miku could only nod. It was great that she already made a friend, and she'd been in class for less than 10 minutes.

Class rushed by in a blur, it was hard to pick up everything, as she had transferred in during the middle of the semester. She sighed of relief when lunch break finally came. Of course, at this time, since students could finally roam free, many curious figures excitedly approched Miku.

Que the interview.

"What school did you go to before?"

"Is that your natural hair and eye colour?"

"Do you have any siblings?"

Eventually, the predictable and inevitable question came up.

"Do you have a boyfriend?"

Eyes fell on her as they waited for answers. Especially the last question.

Miku started to stutter. "A-ah! N-no.. I d-don't have a b-boy friend.... or anything l-like that......"

A few guys grinned in triumph. That was until Miku's seat neighbour, Ayaka pushed a few unsuspecting students aside. "Now now guys, you're scaring her! Give her some space, you'll learn more about her eventually, ne?"

A few students dispersed, apparently having lost interest in the new transfer student. Ayaka smirked, feeling accomplished. She grinned back at Miku. "Ne, Hatsune-san, want to eat lunch together? I know a great spot!" She said, raising a bento box up for her to see.

Miku politely nodded. "Sure, Y-Yamamoto-san!"

***

They walked down the hallways, stealing glances from a few other students, who if they had not heard of the transfer student yet, they now have. They walked up a set of stairs before reaching a door. Ayaka cheerfully shoved it open as she roamed the rooftop. She jumped when she noticed someone else there. "Ah! Nero-kun! You're here too!"

The boy scoffed. "I'm always here during break. You know it. Stop acting so surprised everytime. Besides, aren't you gonna introduce me?" He gestured towards Miku, who flinched in response.

"Ahhh! That's right! This is Hatsune Miku-san, she just transferred in today. Hatsune-san, this is Nero Tadashi-kun! Let's all get along!~" Ayaka hummed.

They spent the next few minutes chatting as they ate their lunches. Miku giggled whenever Ayaka and Nero would argue. It was obvious that they had know each other for a long time. After 10 minutes of chatter, someone else appeared. "Ya-ho!"

The girl crouched down beside Miku. "Hatsune-san, right? I'm Ushikawa Mimi! Nice to meet you!"

Ayaka cheerfully greeted Mimi, while Nero just nodded. Mimi frowned, as she quicked drew in a breath. She raised her fist and punched Nero in the gut. Nero winced. Miku shrieked. Ayaka went on as if nothing happened. "Nero! For the last time, greet people properly!"

Nero clicked his tongue in response as he massaged his aching stomach.

As soon as Miku finished closing and wrapping up her bento, Ayaka and Mimi dragged her onto her feet, barreling down the stairs as they paraded through the school, showing her around. When the bell unfortunately rang, signaling the start of boring classes, Miku and Ayaka waved to Mimi who was off to her next class.

***

Afterschool, Miku packed her things to go home. She passed through the gates, before Ayaka stopped her. "Ne ne, are you busy today?"

Miku shook her head. "I'm sorry, I still have to unpack a few things at home, so for the next few days I'll be a bit busy with that.... sorry..."

Ayaka smiled kindly at her. "No worries! No worries! It's not your fault!"

"Hmm...." Ayaka hummed. Her face lit up as she came up with an idea. "Want to at least walk home with me, Mimi and Nero?"

Miku smiled as she accepted the offer.

It was enjoyable walking with them. Ayaka and Mimi would talk a lot with Miku on the way back. Ayaka was a ball of energy, while Mimi was just a tad less exciting, mainly due to the fact that Ayaka seemed to have limitless energy. Nero would often say a rude comment, resulting in Ayaka attacking him and scolding him. Mim and Miku would laugh whenever they got into their little disputes.

When they finally parted, they said their goodbyes. "Bye Hatsune-san!!" Ayaka cheered.

"We'll see you tommorow, Hatsune-san!" Mimi smiled.

Nero them mumbled what might've been "See ya." as he waved quickly.

Once they turned off of the street, Miku closed the door and locked it. She climbed up the stairs, slipping out of her uniform and into some normal clothing. She collapsed onto her bed and sighed. "Today was tiring.....   ....but.... I had fun." She grinned into her pillow.

She yawned and stretched. "I guess a nap before dinner wouldn't hurt."

She closed her eyes and fell right asleep.