Chapter 4

They reached Cara's house.
It was just a small house with a garden in front. A rock paved path led to the door. It was just enough for a person with low finance.

Howen stopped the car and Cara instantly jumped out of it. She ran towards her house. The door to her house was wide open, she stopped in her tracks and just stared at it with shock. Howen caught up with her he took his hand gun out from its holster and asked Cara to stay back.

He cautiously moved forward towards the door. He got near the door and saw the lock was previously closed, it was forced open. He peered inside the house and saw the whole house in chaos.
Someone had been there.
He entered the house and checked every nook and corner of the house. There was no one inside.

He was turning to go back but then his eyes fell on a note that was stuck on one of the cabinets. Howen took it down and read it.
He paled.

"You try hard to protect her but you know we always get what we want".

Howen put that note in his pocket and went back to cara and call her in.
Cara was totally devastated after seeing the state of her house. All the glass things from showpieces to crockery were lying on floor,broken. Her mattress, pillows and cushions were ripped apart. The whole place was in state of chaos.

"Where had you kept that parcel?" Howen asked.

"There", Cara pointed to her dressing table drawer.

The drawer was wide open and it was empty. Howen was totally frustrated. He banged his fist on the dressing table.

"Damn they have taken it."

From behind he heard a sob. He turned around to see Cara slipping to the floor. Cara was on her knees. She was crying. He took steps towards her.

"Why? What have I done? Who are they? Why are they doing this to me?" she sobbed.

Howen knelt down beside Cara.

"Cara, I can't tell you much but the parcel they took is very important, we need to find it fast."

Cara took a deep breath and then spoke.

"I have lost everything first my dad left me and now these people even took my dog. Why the hell did they take my dog."

"Dog?"
Howen was confused.

"You had a dog?"

"Yes"
Cara replied with a sob.

"I didn't know. They can't take your dog. What are they going to do with your dog? Your dog must have wandered off."

"Do you know them?"Cara asked.

"Whom?" Howen asked.

"Those people who are behind all this."

"No", Howen replied.

"Then why do I feel you know them. There is something in your way, in which you regard them as if you know them", Cara said.

"I don't know them" Howen replied.

"I never did"

Cara had stopped crying. Howen helped her to stand up.

"Let's go we need to find that parcel it is very important."

He took hold of Cara's hand and lead her out of the house towards his car. Cara suddenly stopped. She turned towards Howen looking into his eyes she spoke.

"You haven't been true to me since you bailed me out. Please tell me. Why they are after me? Who are they?"

She again burst into tears.
Howen took out his handkerchief and passed it to Cara.
The moment she saw his handkerchief she froze.
She stopped crying, turned normally and walked towards Howen's car.
She opened the car door and sat in the back seat.

And then, a shot was fired...........

#AN

Sorry guys for such a small chapter and leaving you in suspense.

I hope you like it.

If you do plz vote, share and comment.

Love you all!!!!!

;)