II

Kihyun's POV

5:30pm

I know math class will end this time so I was thankful I still have time to prepare everything before going straight to the art department. What will happen later is just like an audition where they can finalize artists who can present their arts to the competition. My lips get dry and my heart pounds so heavy as I was walking to the corridor leading to my destination.

"Is he Yoo Kihyun from 4A?"

I heard my name from some whispers making my steps getting slowly.

"Why he's here?"

I tightly grip my art as if someone going to snatch it from me. I understand them cause I'm not really that visible to everywhere especially in this building. Looking down is an automatic response from me whenever I hear whispers about me.

"Maybe he'll join the art competition."

"But it's a serious competition from pros, why is he joining?"

Is it?

I get bullied by their words.

I don't know what I did wrong to them but they keep inflicting worst words into my heart. So maybe that's why I don't have even a single friend in this school cause they're afraid they'll receive the same treatment as what they're doing to me.

I looked at my art as I was getting near to the art department. I suddenly thought about my current actions and said to myself..

Why am I even doing this?

I always failed at everything.

To think everyone concluded me as the unimportant one. Their comments at me, their insults, the weak laughters while making fun of me, slandering me from behind. They got used to my weak presence as I got used to their belittling words.

“Yoo Kihyun, a nerd.”

I remember one classmate remarked followed by chuckles. I am not a nerd but if they say so, maybe I really am.

“Kihyun, are you sure you want to be friends with us? With that weak persona of yours? You don't need to.”

A boy student told me when I was trying to make friends.

“You're still an amateur so why bother joining and competing with pros?”

Yeah, why should I?

I quickly turned my back away from the building and ran to the place where I feel most safe.

I sat down on the bench trying to remove the piece of cloth covering my canva.

I stared blankly on it, 20 by 20 in size, small but I filled all of the spaces with right color. I thought about the possible competitors. This might be super easy for them and all of them might bring home trophies while me, will got empty-handed. I sighed to my disappearing hope.

"Hey!"

Someone beside me drifted me away from my thoughts. I saw the only student who always share the same bench with me. I don't know his name. I didn't bother to know cause for me he is just some stranger trying to entertain his boring life by talking to me.

"I thought you're passing your work by 6pm? It's almost already 6:40."

“I'm not joining the competition anymore.” I answered, officially giving up the art from my hands.

I saw his brows furrowed upon hearing me but I ignored him and decided to go home.

&