Chapter One: Sleep Deprivation

Ola! I just started working on this mew story idea I had, and I'm super excited to share it! I'll be uploading a new chapter every two or three days I think. Enjoy!

----------///-----------

Chapter One: Sleep Deprivation

Its been six months since I've left the comfort of living with my mother. Yes, that life was comfortable as hell: easy, carefree and no real responsibilities. Here in college, life was none of those things.

I grabbed my phone from my bedside table to set my alarm for six o'clock.

I read the time. It was already one o'clock.

I hadn't been able to fall asleep. I had been struggling to squeeze it into my schedule between all the homework, late night study sessions, required reading and parties. Finding a healthy balance seemed impossible at the moment and a healthy sleeping schedule was sadly never my priority since I set foot in Hilliard College.

I was resting on my back, staring wide-eyedly at the bed above me. Bunkbeds must have been a really smart idea from some poorly-payed architect to save space in our prison cell-sized dormroom. Actually, I don't even think they hired an architect to design anything. Everyone here slept in the same cracking bunkbeds and used the same ugly furniture. We had to share our closet.

My roommate, Ida, wasn't that high on fashion so 3/4 of the closetspace was mine. Still, all the space under my bed was stuffed with shoes and bags.

I also wasn't fashionable or anything, nothing like that, but I don't own three T-shirts, two pairs of jeans and one pair of shoes. Yeah, Ida was an extremely diciplined minimalist.

Her boyfriend, Fred, and her did everything together, so when he became a minimalist, she did too. When she started washing her hair once every two weeks, he did too. And yes, his hair was greasy as flip. Ida's long blonde locks actually looked healthier so she still doesn't need to wash her hair often, but he really does. It's worked out perfectly for me, really; at least she stopped using my conditioner.

Trying to clear my head of thoughts, I turned on my phone and started watching Netflix.

The clock on my phone showed the time passing by as I mindlessly skipped to the next episode.

3 A.M.

Why can't I fall asleep when I've been yawning all day??

3.10 A.M.

Fuck it, I'm getting food.

I threw my legs over over the side of my bed. Not even bothering to put on something other than a sweater against the cold, and shoes, I sneeked out of the door like a motherducking ninja. I was impressed with myself when the door closed soundlessly and I headed to the cafeteria.

The first thing I noticed was the stuffed vending machine. My eyes locked onto a Twix begging me to buy it. The second thing was, that I was not alone. A back greeted me cheerfully even though my ninjaness clearly wore off and he definitely had heared me come in. Just like the back, I didn't bother to say 'hi'. I came here for food, not a chat.

I made my way towards the vending machine, taking another, longer route because I wasn't in for confrontation with the mysterious back. Quickly, I typed in the nummer and gave the foodrobot a doller. Almost instantly the wrapper was ripped off and I savored the taste of caramel and chocolate.

"Can you stop moaning? I'm trying to read," a harsh voice broke the silence, neglecting my allegeded moaning. I slowly turned my head to look at the boy, who was still bent over his book. I could see his thick dark eyebrows scrunched together in concentration underneath his unruly hair.