•Chapter 8•

"Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you I had no control over it"

================================

▪︎ᑕᕼᗩᑭ丅ᗴᖇ 2▪︎

Hyeri POV:

I was sleeping peacefully on the bench, when I felt someone poking my left cheek.

I groaned and opened my eyes to see who it was, and to my surprise it was Jungkook smiling me.

I almost forgot that I was in the hospital. I spent my night here. I don't know why, but I just didn't wanted to leave Taehyung alone in the hospital.

"You awake?", Jungkook asked me

"Yes I am, how can I sleep while you are poking me?", I said as I got up and yawned.

"Is Taehyung awake?", I asked him and he nodded.

Jungkook said that he has some work to take care of, so he asked me to stay here until then. I wasn't gonna leave anyway.

I made my way to the public washroom to washed my face, I mean who doesn't after waking up?

After that I went to the cafeteria of the hospital to get Taehyung something for breakfast, I think he hasn't done his breakfast.

After getting the breakfast I made my way up to Taehyung's room and knocked on it twice before entering.

I saw Taehyung blankly staring at the ceiling. Is he on Earth?

I shaked him a little to get his attention and he quickly looked at me.

"Your breakfast", I said as I handed him the tray of breakfast.

"You didn't really had to. You staying the night for me is enough", he said

I smiled. "No,its not enough. Now hurry up and eat this all", I said and was about to make my way outside but he held my wrist and I turned to look at him.

"Are you not gonna eat with me?", He asked.

"Umm no I'm not hungry", I said and was about to leave again but he held my wrist again.

"I'll not let you go until you have breakfast with me", he said and I sighed.

I knew I couldn't do anything so I just sat there and had breakfast with him. It was a little awkward that we were sharing the breakfast.

"Aren't you gonna go home", he asked while eating.

Immediately my expressions darkened. I don't even call that place 'home'.

"No, I'm staying here, until you discharge. The doctor said that you can leave today", I said and he nodded.

It was just awkward silence no one spoke. It was just me and him staring at eachother.

I don't know why but I felt my heartbeat beating fast against my chest.

Suddenly my phone rang and we both came into our senses. I checked the caller ID and it was the last person I wanted to see or talk to.

Jackson.

I mean I loved him, but now I even doubt on that. On top of that he is the reason why I'm feeling that. I really didn't wanted to attend the phone but Taehyung signalled me to attend it.

Maybe he thought it was my mom or my dad.

I went out of the room and attended the call.

"Hyeri where are you? I want to see you", he said through the phone.

Wanted to see me? When he was the one who didn't wanted to see me at first.

"I-I'm at the hospital", I said

"What? Are you sick or something?", he asked

"No I'm not sick. Its one of my friend who's sick", I said a little nervous cause I already knew the next question he is gonna ask me.

"Is your friend a boy or girl?", he asked and I gulped.

"A b-boy", I said nervously cause I knew he is gonna be mad.

I heard him sigh. "Text me the address, I'm gonna come pick you up", he said, but I didn't wanted to meet him. On top of that I didn't wanted to leave Taehyung.

But I know he is gonna pick me up no matter, so defeated I gave him the address and made my way back to Tarhyung's room.

"Everything is alright?", he asked as soon as he noticed my sad expression.

"No its just that my friend is gonna pick me up. He wants to see me", I said as I sat on the chair beside his bed.

I noticed how his smile faded upon hearing that I have a guy friend. Or so called boyfriend.

I just didn't have guts to tell him that he was my boyfriend rather then just a friend. These days I even doubt if he is my boyfriend.

We were just talking about random things. He told me that he will discharge and go home by himself.

Suddenly the door opened revealing the person I least wanted to see.

Jackson. My smile faded as I saw him.

"Hyeri? Is he your friend?", Taehyung asked me and doom. I know whats gonna happen next.

"Friend? No I'm not her friend. I'm her boyfriend", Jackson said with a proud smirk on his face.

Taehyung expression darkened upon hearing that. He looked at me just to confirm and I nodded. He sighed. I know he wasn't expecting that, but why is he being sad?

"Hyeri? Lets go", he said and I nodded even though I didn't wanted to.

I looked at Taehyung one time, before making my way outside and following Jackson out of the hospital.

"So thats your friend? You have a bad taste in choosing friends", he said as we both got his car.

"I don't need your permission to make someone my friend and don't you dare to speak trash about him!", I said as I crossed my hand and looked outside the window as he drove.

The rest of the ride was silent. I didn't knew where he was taking me to. But I felt something really irritating. Like something big is gonna happen. I mean why would he suddenly want to see me out of blue. I sighed as I stared at all the cars passing through the window.

I don't know why but all the ride only one person was roaming around my mind. Taehyung. I couldn't just get him off my mind.

I don't feel the same around Jackson anymore. It feels like as someone else stole my heart. But who is it?