The Blind Banker (Part 2)

Time Skip 

Iris's POV

I got a job working with Molly as she showed me the ropes of what to do. "So what's it like working with Sherlock Holmes?" She asked out of the blue since it was quiet. I was organizing files and gave a sweet smile. "It's alright. Doesn't make life too dull or too dangerous. Keep you on your toes." I said with a smile as she let out a soft giggle. "I see you're trying to gain his attention." I said and sat on the desk as I looked at her. She looked away with a sort of sad expression. "Who wouldn't? He's smart and good looking." She said as she sat in her chair and looked at me. "Can't argue there." I said with a small smile and crossed my legs. 

"He doesn't even acknowledges me. He flirts with me and finds my weakness when he needs something." She said as I nodded. "But, he's taken quite a liking to you." She said as I looked at her with slight confusion with curiosity. "How can you tell?" I asked and leaned forward. "He's showing a bit more expressions when you're around him. He's never done that with me." She said sadly and gave a sad smile. "Oh. Well, if it makes you feel any better, I doubt he has any feelings for me. He's married to his work." I said as we both laughed softly. "Well, I want Sherlock to be happy. And if he's happy with you, I'm glad. You're sweet, caring, and not to mention beautiful." She said as I gave her a smile. 

"I think you just described yourself, Molly." I said and hopped off the desk. "No, I'm pretty sure I was talking about you." She said and pretended to think. We both looked at each other then started laughing. I heard my phone beep and pulled it out to see that Sherlock wants me back at home. "Gotta go. See you later, Molly." I said with a smile before I was pulled into a tight hug. "I had fun." She said with a smile as I smiled and hugged back. "Me too, Molly." I said as we pulled away. "Go on then." She said as I smiled more and hurried back to the apartment at the same time as John arrived. "How'd your job interview go?" I asked with a smile.

"Pretty good." He said with a happy smile. "You met a woman." I said as we walked in. "How'd ya know, Female Sherlock?" He asked as chuckled softly. "You're more happy than usual." I said as we walked upstairs. John took off his coat and laid it on his chair as we walked into see Sherlock sitting on the desk. "I said could you pass me a pen?" Sherlock said in more of a question as I was confused about this. "What? When?" John asked as we glanced at each other with the same look. "About an hour ago." Sherlock said as I pointed at John since I left a half hour before he did. "His fault!" I said as he gave me a playful look. 

"Didn't notice I'd gone out then?" He asked as I tossed Sherlock a pen and he caught it while John looked in the mirror. "I went to see about a job at the surgery." He said as I smiled and sat on the desk beside of Sherlock. "How was it?" He asked as I smiled while we watched him. "Great. She's great." John said as I shared a glance with Sherlock. "Who?" He asked with a slight smile as I let out a soft giggle. "The job." John said and looked at us as I held a smile and crossed my legs. "She?" Sherlock asked as I tilted my head at how John was going to explain to Sherlock. "It." John replied as I covered my mouth and giggled some more. 

"Yeah, have a look." Sherlock said and gestured behind him as John walked over and stood between us as I turned my head and looked at the computer with him. "'The intruder who can walk through walls.'" John read aloud as we looked at an article with the picture of a middle-aged man. "It happened last night. Journalist shot dead in his flat. Doors locked, windows bolted from the inside." Sherlock said as we looked at him. "Exactly the same as Van Coon." I said as he gave me a small lopsided smile. "Right you are, my clever girl." He said as John stood up straight. "God! You think-" "He's killed another one." Sherlock said, interrupting him.

Time Skip

We were in Scotland Yard at standing in front of Dimmock's desk as Sherlock got on his computer. "Brian Lukis, freelance journalist, murdered in his flat. Doors locked from the inside." He said and turned the computer to Dimmock to show the article from this morning. "You've got to admit, it's similar. Both men killed by someone who can walk through solid walls." John said as I had my arms crossed. "Inspector, do you seriously believe that Eddie Van Coon was just another city suicide?" Sherlock asked as Dimmock looked at us, staying quiet as Sherlock sighed.