Chapter 3

I moved as much as I could to make sure I had my space and he had his. My parents were off to do their royal duties and visit other kingdoms and Niall was out hunting and I guess it was the time to sneak out and explore.

I usually respect and honor my parents wishes but I have been so annoyed with the idea of staying in the castle and I knew the easiest ways possible to sneak out without anyone seeing me. I was nervous about this but it had to happen and I need to know more of what is out there.

I packed a bag and slipped out and just ran into the woods I looked back and realized I done it I was free well until I get tired and head back but It was time to explore what the woods had to offer.

I stayed clear of certain areas because I knew the typical area that Niall and the hunters are usually hunting so I stayed cleared of that because I wasn't going to deal with Niall arguing with me about how I shouldn't be outside. He is also very protective over me and will just give me the speech on how I should be listening to my parents and that it is dangerous. I love Niall but I'm doing this for me.

There was so much in these woods that I never imagined seeing, so many animals that I just want to take back to the castle with me. I stumbled across a abandoned cabin and I was expecting nothing to be in it but there was paintings every where, mostly of my family. I didn't recognize a lot of them I just recognized my parents and my grandparents. There was a select few who I recognized just by stories and the paintings around the castle but these must go back to the first rulers of wander. I was so curious on why they were here. I didn't even know this cabin existed, I wonder if my parents knew about this, like they had too because how else would these paintings get here. So many questions that I can't even ask because I'm not supposed to be here.

I left the cabin and would be returning to see what else I can discover about it. The rest of the woods were not really interesting me, all I stumbled on was more abandoned cabins which was not as interesting as the first and some more animals. I was more surprised that I have not came across any dragons. I came across a lot of berry trees and had food to get me through the rest of this adventure.

While I was walking I started to hear voices and i then recognized Niall's voice and started to panic, I did not want him to know I was here.

I saw a cave in the near distance a just went for it. I ran into the cave and just hid until they were not in the area anymore. Niall always looked so good in his hunting gear, it always made his brown hair and brown eyes just look magical.

Once they were gone I took a deep breath "that was close" I said to myself.

I noticed something glowing in the cave and went to see what it was, it was a a little lake. I could go for a swim so that is what I did.

This lake water was very refreshing and I didn't want to get out but I felt like I was out long enough and I don't want anyone to discover that I was gone. I knew I definitely needed to be back before my parents.

I got out of the lake and went outside but once I did I felt very weird and dizzy, like the sun was beaming right in front of me and before I knew it I passed out.

"What happened" I said to myself as I woke up.

I got up and something was off I wasn't that far off the ground then I looked behind me and I had a tail and then I looked down and what I saw was not my feet. I was so scared then I saw wings behind me.

I was a dragon.

It must have been that lake I ran back in and jumped in and hoped that I would go back to normal.

Luckily I did.

I just discovered an enchanted lake that can turn people into dragons and this is such valuable information that I should pass along but I don't want to.

This was my secret and my secret alone.

I wonder if I have the ability to change back and forth or if I had to go to the lake. This now made things so much more interesting. I headed back home to recollect my thoughts about everything and see what was next after all this information.

Since I was running back home it made my clothes a lot less wet so I wouldn't be getting questions if someone sees me before getting back to my room to change.

I made it to my room with nobody spotting me and once I got done changing my parents returned home and I greeted them at the door.

"Fun business?" I asked.

"Just the same like always" my dad replied.

"What have you been up to?" My mom asked.

"Just what I do all the time when I get denied to go outside".

"I'm sorry about that but it is for your own good".

I smiled "I know mom".

I went to my secret room and mapped out where the cave was while it was still in my memory.

I can't believe what I discovered just by being in the woods for just being out there on my own for the first time. I have been out in the woods before but I was always accompanied by the royal guards but now I know I have what it takes to discover something magical.

Niall was coming over to eat with us and I wanted to tell him what I found but I know he wouldn't be able to keep it a secret so I kept it to myself for now anyways.

I waited for Niall at the front of the castle.

"My love" he said.

I smiled and hugged him.

"How was hunting today?"

"We almost caught one but it got away from us but we think the danger is dying down so before you know it you might be able to leave the castle".

"That is good news".

"Yeah I wanted to catch at least one today but Hunter ruined it".

"How weird a person named Hunter can't hunt very well".

"It is funny though".

"Let's get you cleaned up, you have dirt all over your face".

"I may have some but so do you".

"No I don't".

He wiped dirt off his face and rubbed it onto mine.

"That is not funny" I said.

"It kinda is".

I love having playful moments like this with him but he can be so annoying. We both got cleaned up and headed down to the great hall where we had our family gatherings.

Everything was normal and I didn't accidentally mention anything so it was going well.

Niall was staying the night because him and the other hunters had a meeting with my parents and the other authority figures.

I was nervous because I don't know exactly what that lake did to me because I could turn into a dragon at any point and I have a dragon hunter with me tonight and the rest tomorrow in the castle.

I was nervous and scared.