You Mean Nothing To Me

"I love you."
" I love you too." Aryse kisses Hayden. "I'll see you after class." He smiles at Hayden and walks to class.
"Did you just see that?.." Lyra watches Hayden walk down the hall to his first class.
"You mean did I just see Aryse and Hayden kiss? Yup I sure I did." Addy replies. "I'll see you in class. I want to see if Hayden actually goes to class today so...yeah see ya." Addy walks off to class.
"Never saw that coming."
Lyra turned around to see Sadie behind her smiling. "Oh what do you want?" Lyra rolls her eyes and turns to face her.
"Nothing. I just find it odd that Aryse and Hayden are a thing now, don't you?" Sadie smiles again.
"I uh.. yeah I guess. I mean Aryse seems to have a thing for him."
Sadie moves closer to Lyra and whispers "I saw you kiss Hayden on the cheek in the hallway outside the boys bathroom." She walks away leaving Lyra in the hallway wide-eyed..
How the hell did she see?.. no one was in the hallway.. Lyra confused as hell, walks to class.
~~~
"Hey Air! Wait up!" Sadie calls after Aryse.
"What the hell do you want, Sadie." Aryse stops outside the boys bathroom and rolls his eyes turning to face her.
"I just want to talk to you about something."
"Well make it fast unless you want to clean my mess." Aryse laughs a little.
"You're disgusting, Aryse." Sadie rolls her eyes. "Anyway I just want to say congrats on you and Hayden. Also Lyra kissed Hayden on the cheek in the hallway a few days ago. Just thought you would want to know. Bye have a nice day!"
"What.. Sadie! Wait!" Aryse calls after her.
"Hm?" She turns back around to face him.
"Do you know why she did it?.."
"Unfortunately I don't sorry. Cya."
Aryse walks into the boys bathroom, tears in his eyes. Why...why did Lyra kiss Hayden.. Why didn't Hayden tell me?..
Mad and upset, Aryse walks out of the bathroom and heads outside behind the building to spot where he kissed Hayden the first time. He sits down and puts his head in his hands and lets his tears fall.
~~~
"Want to tell me why you are out here alone?"
Aryse looks up. "Hayden.. hey. I'm uh.. I don't feel well." he puts his head back down.
"What's wrong?.. You can tell me I promise o won't tell any-"
"Why did Lyra kiss you?!"
"Aryse what are you-"
"Don't act stupid either. You know what I'm talking about. Sadie told me she saw Lyra kiss you on the cheek in the hallway a few days ago. Why?!"
"Oh that.. I didn't even know she was going to. That was the day uh.. you know.. you weren't talking to me and I was just having a bad day and she did it to comfort me.." Hayden sits down next to Aryse.
"To comfort you?! You let her kiss you?"
"No I didn't. She just did it.. Aryse I wouldn't just let her kiss me.. you know I'm not into girls."
"Mhm.. now tell me, Hayden. Did her kiss comfort you?"
"I.. I don't -"
"I want an honest answer!"
"N-no it didn't.."
"Sure it didn't." Aryse stands up and starts to walk off.
Hayden grabs his arm and turns Aryse to face him. He kisses Aryse softly on the lips. "That's comforting to me."
Aryse smiles at him and grabs his hand. "Walk me to class babe." Hayden takes his hand and together they walk back into the building, to class.
~~~
"Hey, Lyra. Can I talk to you for a sec?" Aryse stops Lyra and Addison in the hallway after class.
"Uh sure." Lyra replies, confused. "What's up?"
Aryse eyes Addison. "Alone please?"
Addy smiles at Lyra and walks away leaving the two alone.
"So I'm just going to say this now and I hope I won't have to tell you again. Stay away from Hayden! He doesn't need you to comfort him."
"What are you talking about? Did Sadie tell you about me kissing him on the cheek? Is that what this is about?? It was just a kiss on the cheek it's not like it matters it's -"
"You're right it doesn't matter, so don't do it again. The only thing that matters is me being there for him without you getting in between out relationship!" Aryse moves closer to her and whispers. "The only kiss that matters is the one where my lips touch his. Not your silly cheek kiss." He backs up a little and glares at her.
"What about our kiss?.. You said that mattered at one point.." Lyra steps closer to Aryse.
"That kiss means to me. Just like how you mean nothing to me."
"You..you don't mean that..do you?" Lyra starts to tear up.
"You mean nothing to me, Lyra Tate." He steps back away from her. "Stay the hell away from me and my boyfriend." He walks off leaving Lyra in tears.
~~~
So I mean nothing to him? Nothing.. after kissing him in her bedroom.. after hearing him say he enjoyed it.. now all of a sudden it means nothing?.. I mean nothing to him? How could he say that? And why is he acting like this?.. This isn't the Aryse I know..
Lyra sits on her bed, thinking about the conversation she had with Aryse in the hallway at school earlier that day.
She gets up and walks to her bathroom. She takes out a bottle of her medication and pours out all the pills on the counter. "Let's see how much I mean to him now." She takes all the pills and lays down on the bathroom floor.