The Introduction

(You may choose to read this, or you may choose not to. This was written with the sole purpose of introducing the book's setting in its entirety. Is it required you read this in a British accent to delve further into the correct frame of mind? No. Do you have to listen to the fantasy Celtic music I so lovingly provided to complete the ambiance? No. Is it recommended? Yes. Yes, it is. Very much.)

THE INTRODUCTION

Mortals. What foolish creatures. We live and die in the time it takes the deities to blink an eye. Spending our days inflicting violence and darkness on our own kind. I often find my subconscious drifting when I lie, reposing. My mind wanders, far from the harsh, stinging reality of the finite. It travels to a place that appears only in my desperate visions of a better world. Of enchanted woods inhabited by tiny, mischievous creatures that titter around your head. Of quaint cottages on a hill and of kingdoms, who rise like grand, stone giants. Of women who sing lullabies in a strange tongue, intimidating only in their beauty. Of elegant forest-dwellers who hunt as if they dance— if you look closely you may notice their ears, all of which are delicately pointed. Of wizards whose robes go aflutter in the wind, and who hold a twinkle in their eye. Of drunken men with braided beards, who laugh in the warmth of a tavern all throughout the night.

This world, I'm afraid, can only be seen by a number of us left in this world. Others are stopped by a large door. This door is their conscience. A mentality that dismisses this alluring realm as delusional, childish in its magnificence. This door may seem impassable, but I assure all is not lost.

All that needs to done, dear reader, is for you to open it.