2

I wielded my sword and panted.he was good but not on my level yet. I was surprised how well i was even after the long time i haven't picked my sword up. What was it .....4 years?

I sliced his side and tackled him to the floor. I held my sword to his throat and the horn was blown.

" the miss wins !" The sparring teacher said happily while others cheered and were loud. I sighed got up and offered my hand to my partner.

" good game " i said and he stood up and said the same.

I went to drink my water when i heard the teacher.

" we would love to have you miss in our classes! Surely youll change your mind ! You are highly gifted miss....what's Your surname mame?surely if I have a word with the headmaster we can enroll you into the knights and swordsmanships classes!" He said and i giggled.

" thank you sir , I'm Diana ambrose-" I said and he gasped.

" oh my lords! Are all the Ambrose born warriors! Please consider my request ms.abrose! I'll be pestering your brother too , he can definitely convince his sister to join him ." He said and i laughed and nodded

" sir i would love to, it was my original path but i realized I harbored magic and instead went into pursuing the knowledge it came with. " i said and he gasped.

" I had forgotten! You got a scholorship huh ms.abrose , was it in wizardry studies?" He asked and i shook my head.

The irony.

" no it was in my swordsmanships and knightly knowledge. " i smiled.i frowned and hung my head.

I had regretted not staying in that path but something about magic was calling to me.

" no worries miss. As a young lad i originally wanted to be a storyteller! Ha! THEN the war came along and i found i loved wielding a sword more than a quill" he chuckled and i stared at him.

" You fought in a war sir!" I asked and watched him. I loved when people told me stories. He nodded and sat on the bench next to me.

" I  was around my early 20s , some of my grand poems were taking off .....then the attack on my city happened and they needed strapping young men to aide in taking down the opposing kings infantry that attacked . And thus i was chosen and a sword was yielded. " he said and i smiled. That sounded cool.....but wait.

" opposing king?" I asked and he nodded.

" He's been wiped out , with all of his followers but ...." he was going to explain more but a loud bang was heard and i saw a bullet whiz by our head , nearly missing him.

He nervously chuckled and scratched his neck.too calmly I'd say

" my bad I think ive over shared once again....Please miss.....don't bring this up. There's a reason why that name...this chaotic event is chosen to be forgotten . " he said and another bullet was shot but i raised my sword and cut it. I turned to the open area near the stables. Who was shooting and how well could they have heard us from there.

" don't worry about them...they're enforced to stop the spread of information ....they are harmless unless you know and spread it. " he said and i nodded.

" thank you sir. I'm sorry ive put you in such a position . I wish i could pursue both paths but it seems im going to have to take them one at a time " i said and bowed as i got up.

" it was very nice to meet you sir.lorret. tell Damon to prepare himself , I'm going to win the tournament and whoop his ass " i said and he chuckled and clapped his hands