Part 7

Sleep came easy, and when I woke to my soft alarm I yawned and turned over, waving one hand lazily at the blinds which parted with a yank of my magic.

In the light which brought a delightful kiss of heat to my face I studied my outstretched hand, tracing where there should be horrendous blistering from yesterday.

There was just smooth golden skin. I brushed my fingers over the surface, curling and unfurling them back and forth as I stared at my hands.

It felt like only yesterday when they had been so pale. Had not touched the sun for years.

So strange, Asgards magic. Nothing like the pins and needles I felt when practicing my own sometimes. More like a sparkling under your skin. Similar. But also different.

I sighed, turning over and groaning into my pillow before I pulled myself out of bed, rubbing sleepily at my eyes.

I dressed quickly, yanking on sports leggings and a wife beater over a small crop top. I would have looked like I was from the eighties if it wasn't all in subtle shades of black and purple.

Yanking on a pair of socks and flats, I hopped into my bathroom.

The routine was easy and memorable. A dramatic brush through of my golden hair which was naturally wavy, a quick facewash to wake myself up and then brushing my teeth with haste. I reminded myself to slow down, and that Loki, my assignment, was probably still asleep.

Spitting I deftly tied my hair back, wrapping a bobble in tightly.

"Jarvis, how is Loki's new clothes coming along?" I said, placing my toothbrush back in its little holder.

"All ready miss Y/N. They are waiting in a box outside of your room." His robotic voice was a nice familiarity.

"Thanks."

Stretching I swung out of the washroom, hopping through my room and swinging the door open with a surprising energy.

The parcel was there as promised and I knocked loudly on Lokis door.

"Rise and shine Rudolf. You have two seconds to make yourself decent I'm coming in." Shifting back I slung the package under one arm and pressed my other hand against the keypad, stepping in as the door slid open.

The attack came from the right, I had been expecting it. It was why I was so chiper. Rolling forward I evaded his grasp, quickly coming up to a stand. Loki had his back to the closing door, grinning.

"I think your age is starting to show. You're slow." Snorting I chucked the package at him, aiming for his chest which he caught in confusion.

"Save it for the ring. Put those on and be sharp. We don't eat until after."

Crossing my arms I lazily sat in one of the chairs in his room, gesturing with a hand for him to go to the connecting bathroom.

Loki rolled his eyes, turned to package over in his hands, eyeing it curiously and walked to the other room.

I only waited about three minutes until he emerged, in close fitting but not revealing black pants and a green T-shirt with sleeves to the elbow. I motioned for him to follow, jumping up and striding out the door.

We walked in a relative silence to the dojo, no more attacks pathetic or aggressive, and with no attempt at conversation.

Inside it was empty, although it looked like people had just left through the other door, one punching bag still swung slightly.

I walked to the large mat where we sparred, shucked off my shoes and began stretching.

Loki just watched, confused.