chapter 13

VANESSA GREY.

I don't know why, but today just feels like the perfect day to tell Maggie about me and Jackson. I know he's been feeling a bit irritated with us being on the low.

The sun is shining brightly for once and the birds are chirping early morning. It's a sign. Today's perfect. I hope she's in a good mood.

I sigh confidently, getting up from my bed and  make my way to the bathroom for a  shower. The kids have been taken to school already, thanks to uncle Alex. But that doesn't make the house any less quiet.

I enter the shower and let the warm water fall down my body. I grab my body wash and start  washing myself. I hear the bathroom door open.

"We need to talk" it's Meredith.

"Yes loving sister, what's up?" I ask through the shower curtain turning the water down a bit to hear her.

"Why are you talking like that? It's weird" she says confused.

"I just feel confident about today" I say squirting some shampoo on my hair.

"Well can you feel less confident. I'm trying to be dark and twisty here!" She says grumpily and I sigh.

"Fine, what's up?" I ask while massaging my  scalp.

"Cristina is getting married again" she says as my eyes widen slightly.

"What? To who?" I ask rinsing my hair.

"I don't know. The fact that I found out through Facebook is just insulting" she says angrily and obviously hurt.

"Mer, you knew things would be different when she left." I say sighing.

"I know. But everything's totally different now.  It's like she doesn't care about us anymore" she replies trying not to sound as sad as I know she is.

"Can you hand me the towel please?" I ask turning off the water and she opens the shower curtain, handing me a fluffy white towel.

I wrap it around my body and step out onto the cold bathroom floor with my hair dripping down my back. I take in her appearance. She's still in her pjs and her hair still not brushed.

"Meredith, come on get it together and talk to her. Maybe it just slipped her mind to tell us. She's been around the world wining awards and shit. That's time consuming. You should know" I say referring to her countless Catherine Fox awards.

"Maybe you're right." She says nodding her head, still a bit unconvinced though. She sighs  making her way out of the bathroom leaving me with my thoughts.

Cristina's really moving on with her life. While I'm still stuck missing my dead bestfriend.

And there goes my happy morning.

**********
Jackson: where are you??
                    sent at 12:05
Jackson: you're really late today!
                                         sent at 12:15
Jackson: are you sick or something?
                                         sent at 12:45
Jackson: you're really pissing me off
                                         sent at 13:00

I groan in frustration at the fact that my boyfriend hasn't shown up for work this morning. He just has to do this! On the day I tell Maggie about us, he's fucking mia. Maybe I'm overreacting a bit. But I'm freaking out.