Chapter 27- Yule Ball

"Ouch!" Pansy screeches from behind me. "What?" I turn around, only half my hair curled. "I burnt my finger." I get up and drag her to the tap. I turn the nozzle for cold water and place her hand under it. "Thanks." I smile, no teeth and head back to my spot to finish my hair myself.

After my hair was curled Pansy slipped into her own dress. "I'm so glad you let me buy you that dress." She states, sitting down in the seat I was once in. I finish her bun. "Yes, well you didnt give me much of a choice." She hums. "You look great aswell." I comment just as I finish her hair, slipping a sparkly piece into it. "Come on, let's not be late. Don't want to keep Draco and your secret date waiting." She links her arm in mine, walking us out of the common room and down the stairs.

My dress was a sweet baby blue colour with a slight ombre effect. It was off the shoulders and was covered with flowers and butterflies the same colour as the dress. From the same shop I found white wedged heels, with tear drops from the straps. I didnt want to go too grand so the only accessory I added was necklace my father had given me on my 12th birthday.

We seem to have caught Hermione before she entered

We seem to have caught Hermione before she entered. "Hermione! You look great!" I run up to her, she didn't look great, she looked stunning. The pink dress matched her perfectly. "Who's the lucky guy?" I ask, grabbing her hands excitedly. "Viktor! I'm actually very nervous." She admits. I let go of her hands and straighten out my own blue dress. "You have no right to be nervous!" I jokingly tell her. "Now," I give her a quick shove towards the entrance. "Go blow people's minds!"

Pansy strides over to me, leaning against my side. "Why can't you be that supportive with me?" I giggle. "Cuz your my best friend."

"Pansy? Y/n?" We turn around to meet Draco, who had the most well fitted suit I have ever seen. "Hey Draco!" I greet, having a few voice cracks. "You look great!" Pansy excitedly runs over and hugs him. "And so do you. I hope you will dress as stunning at my own ball?" He asks, staring directly at me, I was the one he directed the question to. "Pshhh, of course!" Pansy playfully punches his arm. "You go in, we'll be right there." She pushes him in more forcefully towards the entrance like I did with Hermione. "Why are you going with him again?"

"Mummy and Daddy issues." She looks down, then right at me. "I want to know who your date is, before we go in. Is it Harry? Or Diggory?" I shake my head. "It was sort of a last resort..." I trail off my sentence. "Excuse me what?" I look up to Pansy who's hands are now placed on her hips. "You could have gone with anyone one of those two and you chose neither?" I flash a strained smile and through my teeth I answer her question from before. "I'm going with Ron."

She leans backwards and gasps. Bringing her hands up to her face she covers it. "Ugh! Really y/n!? That's your last resort? He looks awful!" She brings herself back up and removes her hands from her face. "And he acts awful! He has literally no manners!" I look at her un amused. "I get it. It's just as friends though so you can stop."

We wait outside the hall, teachers were blocking any entrance so there was no other choice. After about 20 minutes or so everyone is allowed in.

Pansy and I get to the bottom of the stairs and break apart. Once I look around I realize I am completely overdressed for the occasion. I quickly make my way to the table I had seen Ron at not long ago, I don't think he even saw me enter. I tap his shoulder. "Ron!"