One

You woke up to the sound of your alarm blaring into your left ear. Ugh, you hated that noise and you hated waking up every day but today was different. Today was the day you and her two best friends , Indlys and Emiliano, make a day trip to Austin Texas. You were going to ACL to go see Twenty One Pilots, Billie Eilish, and Panic! At The Disco. There are going to be some other bands there but you really didn't know them.
Once you finally crawl out of your Queen size bed you get dressed and walk down stairs. Then you get a notification from your phone.

Indlys- hey guys! I'm so excited for today but don't eat anything! I have tacos!!

Me- omg! Thank you so much indy!

Emiliano- yes!!!! Ahhhhhh you just made me hungry! 

Me- lmao your always hungry em.

Emiliano- Your right lmao. Well I'll see you guys in 20 minutes then!

You quickly grab your purse and jacket heading towards the door.  You live with your roommate Madison. She sleeps until noon so you lock the door behind you just in case.

After waiting about 5 minutes Emiliano pulls up with Indlys in the backseat. You automatically claimed the front when you guys planned this trip months ago.

You get in the car and are immediately greeted by your friends

"Hey Carly!!" They both day together. "Hey guys! Are y'all ready for tonight?!" "Hell yea we are! I can't wait to see all the bands play and all of the cute guys there!!" Indlys said without hesitation "I'm pretty sure your going to find someone tonight." "Oh fuck no Indy!" You quickly respond laughing a small amount. "I'm not getting a guy because no one wants to date me! You already know all off the drama so can we just please talk about something else!!" "Alrighty! Fine then. How about we just listen to some music?!" Indlys says with some annoyance and laughter in her tone. "Yea I would like that" you and Emiliano both say together.

When the music starts to play you think about what you just said. About how your ex completely changed your life for the worse.

Your walking home from a late shift at your job at Chipotle. One of your co-workers had to leave so you stayed late to cover for them. Your phone had died so there was no way to contact your boyfriend Colby to tell him you are going to be late. Once you arrive home you open the door to see a very angry man standing in the middle of your living room. "WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN!?" He screams at you. Your try to hold back tears but they get the best of you. You can also tell he has been drinking a lot. You can smell it on him. It's strong. Very strong. He pins you against the door and screams at you. You try to explain the situation but he doesn't care. Instead he throws you against the the counter. The corner hitting your abdomen causing a sharp pain to stretch across your body. You lay there as Colby gets on top of you beating you. You try to scream but your in so much shock nothing can come out of your mouth. You feel helpless. He gets up and storms off into your the bedroom. Slamming the door as he enters. Thats when you get up, still clenching your abdomen, and run to the door of the apartment. You get an Uber to your friend Madison's house and she agrees to let you stay there.

You snap out of your mind when Emiliano starts shaking your shoulder tell you it's time to get out of the car and walk to the festival. You grab your purse leaving your jacket in the car. Walking to the entrance you tell your self "have fun today, and don't let him get to you. You can do this." You give the man at the front desk your ticket and walk into the festival. Hoping for the best night of your life.

—————————————————
A/N ****I have no idea where this book is going so bear with me****
729 words