Chapter 14 - Dignity

I tried living a normal life for my first year in Georgia. Yes, I tried, hard, but I failed big time. The first week living alone was the hardest. I cut all my connections with friends and family and other acquaintances except for my brother who visits me all the time to check on me. Literally, I was alone with my battle. I withdrew myself from anyone who wants to talk to me especially to the community. I locked myself away from the people. I even drunk myself to sleep and woke up crying and mourning to all the memories that broke my heart. I cried everyday for the pain, for the memories,  for the love thats lost and for Dylan whom I waited and anticipated to look for me, he knows where I was but he never fought for me, nor searched for me, he never looked for me.

I even neglected my passion. I didn't paint or even tried to sing a song. I hated it! It reminded me of everything that I love. I lost myself. I lost the dignity I once had when I was with Dylan. Leaving him was leaving myself with him. I left myself where he was. The love I had with him is self destruct. I lost myself in loving him too much and leaving him was the death of me, it was my greatest downfall.

My very purpose to live a normal life was to pursue my passion, but I lost the drive to. I didn't see any reason to continue building my dreams when all of it shattered by one mistake. One childish mistake.

My parents knew I was in Georgia to pursue my dreams, but my brother who visits me all the time knew what really happened and what I really felt or probably want I want to do. It was actually a plan of escaping the good and bad old memories. To forget. To move on.

"Yue! Com'on, go out! Make new friends!"

"You should go shopping, I sent some digits to your account. I can come with you."

"You're too skinny! Don't starve yourself to death Yue!"

"Make yourself a better person Yue.

Don't make your past be the reason of your downfall."

"Good things will come baby, be patient."

My brother nagged me all the damn time and feed me with his inspirational advices to keep me sane. He even bought me a piano so I can write songs and learn how to play it. But for a year, I never dared to touch it. I even hated sunsets, themed parks and everything that reminded me of what I had, what I lost.

I was trying to search the internet for some homework when I saw familiar faces on the newsfeed. I tried to read the article that says Heir of the multimillionaire businessman caught cheating between two supermodel girlfriends. It was Dylan. There was an attach video and I tried to open it.  The first few minutes was just talking in a private room maybe in a bar with few people around.  A lady came with slim figure, slender waist, short brown hair, red lips, wearing a black off-shoulder cropped top and a bandage skirt with her black stilettos. I know this girl, she's one of our seniors in high school. Karen Bee is a supermodel  and a daughter of a tycoon too. Very pretty and hot.

She walked towards Dylan who's standing beside the counter top. He caressed Dylan's hair, cheeks, jaw and neck. She's flirting! He didn't even shoved the girl's hand, instead, he grabbed her waist and kissed her. I gasped, I covered my mouth in awe! What the hell? He pushed Karen into the wall and kissed her hungrily. I saw how me devoured Karen's lips with his kisses. His hands are all over her even on her private parts! Few people cheered for the scene they're making. This is crazy! Dylan tried to lift Karen's leg and dry humped her on the wall while kissing her intensely, my tears fell nonstop. What the hell? I closed my eyes, I can feel the lump on my throat, its hard to breathe. The pain I was trying to forget, comes back, it doubled, I guess it will never forgotten. What happened Dy? You turned into a fucking asshole! A monster!