8. 𝓓𝓪 𝓑𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽 𝓒𝓻𝓮𝔀

"𝒲𝒽𝓎 ℯ𝓋ℯ𝓇𝓎ℴ𝓃ℯ 𝒶𝓁𝓌𝒶𝓎𝓈 𝒽𝒶𝓉𝒾𝓃 ℴ𝓃 𝓉𝒽ℯ 𝓀𝒾𝒹!?"

August 23, 1992

Rochester, NY
2:20pm

.DeVante.

"Ya know, I have a question that I've been meaning to ask for the longest," Xina said before popping an m&m in her mouth

"Ya know, I have a question that I've been meaning to ask for the longest," Xina said before popping an m&m in her mouth. Oh Lord. I just picked the girls up from Izzy and Xina's house. I told them to get ready because they're finally gonna meet their label mates better know as, Da Bassment Crew. Da Bassment Crew consists of Tornado, Static Major and Playa, Sista, and Timbaland. They've all been itchin to meet the new girls, but what they don't know is that the new girls are E.X.I.T22 who have already made a huge name for themselves. They still think that they are a regular girl group just trying to make a come up. I decided, why not surprise them? The rest of my band mates are already at the studio with them.

"It better not be stupid Xina," Emani rolled her eyes while filing her nails. Emani is sitting in the passengers seat, while Temina and Izzy took the back window seats and Xina in the middle. If it were up to me Izzy would be sitting up here with me cause I just like being around her. Her whole aura just calms me, but it's not that big of a deal I guess.

"Well too bad the question isn't for you Emani, it's for DeVante," she snapped back and I just chuckled.

"Wassup Xi?" I looked at her through the rearview mirror, then back at the road.

"Soo the name Jo-de-Ci....how did y'all get that name? Is that French or something?" She furrowed her eyebrows and cocked her head to the side.

I could hear Tehmina and Izzy let out a dramatic sigh as they looked out the window.

I quickly glanced at Emani as she calmly placed her nail file back in her makeup bag and zipped it up. She placed it in her purse before placing her purse next to her foot.she dusted off her hands and snapped.

"DIDNT I TELL YOU IT BETTER NOT BE STUPID!" She jumped towards the back trying to hit Xina but like clockwork Izzy and Tehmina guarded Xina with their arms. I wanted so badly to laugh at the commotion happening in my car but I just kept one hand on the wheel and used the other to try to pull Mani back to her seat.

"Aye chill chill!" I called out.

Xina screamed as she guarded her face.

"Mani chill out you already know how Xi is!," Izzy called out, trying to hold in her smile as well. They always do this and each time they do it has me weak as hell because they remind me of K-Ci and I when we beat Dalvin's dumb ass. Once Mani calmed down and sat back down, Xina stuck her tongue out behind Emani while I finally let my laugh out on the low.