Missing You

Piers sat at his desk staring blankly at the paperwork in front of him. He opened up his phone, no new messages. He opened up Danielle's contact info and let his finger hover over the call button. "Don't do it Piers, she's better off without you." He sighed and slipped his phone back into his pocket. After finishing his paperwork Piers left his office and headed to his car. A familiar laugh caught his attention and he followed it. Piers peeked his head around the corner and saw Danielle with Jake. Jake had his hands planted on Danielle's waist, she was smiling at him, "the way she used to smile at me.." Piers thought to himself. Jake was whispering something in her ear, and her face flushed. "Its like how she used to blush at me.." Piers and Danielle had dated for a year before Danielle caught Piers kissing a new recruit. He swore it didnt mean anything, it was an accident, he didnt mean it. But Danielle heard none of his excuses, stopped answering his calls and texts. "God I fucked up so bad." Piers sauntered away from his ex-girlfriend and Jake. Now he sat behind the wheel of his car with his head in his hands. All he could see was her sweet lips locked with Jakes. After awhile Piers found himself drinking at a bar. That same familiar laugh came from behind Piers. He turned around to see Danielle and Jake again. Jake's hands were all over her, caressing her face, her hands, her thighs. All the places Piers used to be able to touch. She stood up on her tiptoes and pressed her lips to Jake's, Jake grabbed her ass firmly in both hands. "That should be me." A rage started bubbling up inside Piers, he shoved himself away from the bar and stood up. He made his way over to the couple. "Hey Danielle, can we talk?" The smile on her face had dissapeared and before she could answer Jake spoke up, "My babe doesnt have anything to say to you Nivans, back up." Piers glowered at him, "she can answer for herself." "Jake is right Piers, I dont have anything to say to you." Piers groped for something to say but all that came out was, "please Danielle.. i miss you so much.." He reached his hand out to take hers but Jake slapped it away. "I told you to back off Nivans. Dont make me hurt you." Piers stood there for a moment looking helpless. Suddenly a hand clapped down on his shoulder. Piers looked over his shoulder to the man who placed his hand down, it was Chris Redfield. "No need for violence, we'll be taking our leave." Jake scoffed. "Thank you Chris.." Danielle spoke softly. She cast a glance at Piers before turning away. Chris dragged Piers away and out of the bar. "You okay Piers?" He asked once they were outside. Piers hung his head, "No captain, no I'm not." Chris sighed, he hated seeing Piers like this. "I know you miss her Piers, but shes with Jake. You need to move on." Piers sighed, "I know captain.. I know."