032. REAL LIFE.

CHAPTER THIRTY TWO

CHAPTER THIRTY TWO.

it was strangely cold.

irena sat up slowly from mike's bed and glanced over at him. he was snoring slightly, which made her smile. he was shivering, so she pulled the blanket up higher on him and with a last touch of his cheek, she left to find the thermostat.

the dinner had been amazing- and after they'd finished eating, irena had asked if he minded her staying over for one night. the idea of facing maya and shohei made her sick. of course, he'd said yes.

irena opened his bedroom door, wincing as it creaked loudly. she knew where the thermostat was- she'd been the one to go house shopping with him in the first place.

she stopped as soon as she moved into the hallway. something didn't feel right. was the light on in the bathroom?

irena turned to get a better look, stepping forward. she flinched at the immediate feeling of cold metal against her temple.

"don't move," danny whispered, pressing the gun to her head.

time slowed as she watched him. she wasn't frightened or shocked- she'd known him too long for that.

she only wished that he hadn't chosen to find her now, while she was at mike's house. she wished she'd never put mike in danger.

irena obliged, staying perfectly still. he wouldn't like it, but he could kill her if he wanted to.

danny reached down, smiling, and grabbed her hand. irena only stared at him, nearly emotionless, as the light from the bathroom illuminated his blue eyes and more importantly, his gun.

"don't worry," he tugged on her hand, as if any comfort could come from that. "i came back for you."