| 8

"Wanna grab lunch?" I spun around to come face to face with Luka. I hadn't seen him since that day in orientation when I got lost and somehow made an enemy in the form of Chasity Saunders.

"Well, hello to you too." I tried to sound disinterested just so he wouldn't know that I was excited to see him. Reason being that it's been a month and I haven't made a single friend and I've low-key been looking for him in the crowds hoping we could be unsure freshmen together.

"We could talk over lunch, come on." He threw his arm over my shoulder and quickly began leading me to the lot where his car was parked. I wasn't that much into cars... I had no idea what type or model it was, but as Luka led me to his ride I felt my jaw drop.

"You drive that?" I asked incredulously. Honestly I was transported back to high school when I'd see kids driving sports cars when I could barely afford lunch.

Is there a secret club I wasn't invited to that hands out sports cars and designer everything to its members? Yes, yes there was... and the name of the club is My Parent's have Shit ton of Money.

"Yeah," he mumbled absentmindedly. I watched as his eyes roamed the lot, pausing to watch the school exit for a minute before flitting back to my face. "Come on let's go."

He pulled out his keys and pressed the button before telling me to hop in, a part of me was wondering what going on with him. He seemed jumpy and him just showing up randomly without not so much as a hello but insisting we go to lunch was kinda shady. But somehow I trusted that whatever was going on, he'd explain it when he was comfortable.

As for me and my safety...I glanced over at him while putting on my seatbelt, assessing him and piecing together the little facts I knew about him.

I decided he was harmless.

He glanced over at me as he inserted his keys, the car rumbled as it came to life and settled in a smooth purr as he paused to hold eye contact, he had a curious look on his face.

"This feels like we're running away from something...or someone." I said with a grin, he rolled his eyes before throwing his arm behind my seat turning his head, he put the car in reverse.

"Total dad move." I mumbled as I pulled out my phone and checked my emails. The bank had sent me an alert, I don't know why I signed up for the emails. All it does is remind me every time I withdrew money and on the rare occasion I deposit.

It's like a reminder... which screams 'bitch you going broke!'

"Where to?" Luka asked as we drove out of the school grounds and integrated slowly into the traffic, I glanced at the time, I had an hour until my next class. "I don't know, I thought you had a plan. I mean, you basically kidnapped me."

"Do you fw Chinese?" He asked glancing over at me briefly, I nodded "Yeah, whatever is fine really." He made a humming sound while reaching over to pull up an aux cord before connecting his phone, glancing up at the road briefly at intervals to make sure we didn't die.

Rushes by Frank Ocean filled the car as Luka adjusted the volume.

"I love this song," I mumbled as I took in the sleek exterior of the car, glancing at the steering wheel briefly I saw that it was a BMW that's as much as I could tell. Either way, this car was really nice.

"You're into Frank? Damn...that means you never reply to messages and is probably a little sad. You ever heard of Joji?" He said with a chuckle.

I looked at him eyes wide, "What do you mean by 'ever heard of' Affection and Slow Dancing pleases my angsty teen emotions very much thank you."