VII.

𝙖𝙣𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙨𝙞𝙖

joe and I's working relationship has improved a bit. he's not as much as an asshole as he once was and he doesn't irritate me too much anymore. I mean he still has his moments but overall, he's gotten himself together.

today, we're having a meeting to discuss some of the information for the miami convention. I still didn't know if I was going but joe still wanted me there.

I arrived to the building, coffee in hand and headed to the board room for the meeting. when I got there, I saw that I was the only woman in there.

"there you are anastasia" joe said as he saw me.

"hi" I said quietly.

I saw joe look up and down at me. don't know if he was looking at me or my outfit, I was wearing a pink blazer and pink shorts to match. I had nothing under my blazer and my cleavage was showing out a bit.

"nice outfit" he said.

"thanks" I said back as I sat down at the table.

"so anyways, glad to see you all today. we have some things to discuss about the upcoming corporation convention in miami that will be happening in august" joe said.

"the convention will be from monday to friday. we will arrive on sunday, as there will be a welcome dinner party sunday night before the actual convention begins".

"then throughout the convention week, we'll be interviewed by lots of business news sites, i'll be having an interview with tampa times on thursday night. and of course on tuesday, we'll have our panel presentation" he explained.

"so who will you be bringing to miami?" one of the board men asked.

"myself, jonathan, joshua, and two representative of the marketing and finance departments. for finance i'm thinking marcus and hayley and for marketing steve and natasha" joe told them.

I was glad that natasha was gonna go to miami, she truly deserved it. I just wished (and I hope) that I get to go.

"and who will be running the company's duties while you're gone?".

"colby lopez" he said.

"hmm... you're not gonna have the new secretary do it? you used to have celine do it all the time" that board guy said.

"the "new secretary" is right here, and her name is anastasia" I scoffed.

"anastasia is relatively new, by the time we were doing that convention, celine was already prepared and she was in charge for a year" joe told him.

"basically you don't trust her, is she even coming to miami? you didn't even name her" he chuckled.

"he didn't mention you either" I mumbled.

"okay cut it out, and i'll have to see. might need her to stay back. but we'll see" joe said.

the rest of the meeting was a bit of a blur for me. the mini argument I had with that guy, and the fact that I might not even be going to miami. it doesn't seem like too big of a deal, but I really do wanna go. I feel like this will be a great opportunity for me to experience the big leagues and the future. either way, i'm gonna keep working as hard as I can so joe can let me go. like I said before, he has been a little nice lately...

later on in the day

I went into joe's office to give him some paperwork that was urgent for him to read. he was already on something else as he looked real intrigued and focused.

"another stack for you" I jokingly said as I dropped the papers on his desk.

"thanks anastasia" he said.

"anastasia wait though... is everything okay? I saw that you looked lost during the meeting".

"yeah i'm fine, I was just thinking about some things" I said.

I was lying, I was lowkey upset that I wasn't going to miami.

"like me not letting you go to miami?" he wondered.

I swear he must be some type of mind reader.

"remember I told you I can read body language really well?".

"I can tell..." I said.

"why do you care so much though? hope you don't think going to miami means a free vacation, it's gonna be work related for a whole week. you might as well stay here" he said.

"it would be nice for me to go, personally. to experience a lot of things, get to know the business more" I told him.

"you wanna go so you can miss a week of work is that what it is" he laughed.

I gave him a look and he just kept laughing at me.

"not even like that..." I groaned.

"well anastasia, I never said that you weren't gonna go... i'll have to think about it. if you do go, I don't even know who's gonna take over your spot for the week" he told me.

"well you do whatever you want, I was just saying..." I said as I was walking out of his office.

"wait before you go... I just wanted to tell you that on saturday, i'm hosting a company cookout at my house for everyone. you can come if you want" he told me.

"really? hmm... i'll think about it" I said.

"you'll be there, I know you will" he said.

"oh really? what you're reading my "body language" well?!" I chuckled.

"your smart mouth is doing it again..." he said sternly.

"just send me the information later" I said as I walked out of his office.

shoutout to doyengian  for the "meeting" idea and getting me out of my writers block <3