XI.

𝙖𝙣𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙨𝙞𝙖

over the past few weeks, joe and I have been getting along really well. our working relationship has been great, he's been so nice and cool towards me, far from what I thought he was at first and from what the world thinks of him.

after lunch, I went back to my office to work and on my desk, there was a letter from joe.

it read:

went out to lunch for a bit so I couldn't tell you in person but since I need to tell you urgently, I need you to stay after hours again. the convention is coming faster each day, and I need your vision to help me.

thank you as always anastasia.

- joe

looks like i'll be working after hours again. but i'm honestly not even mad about it, especially with joe's recent attitudes towards me. it actually won't be too bad!

few hours later

it was five. everyone was starting to get off, except for me as I was working the after hours. so I went over to the board room to wait for joe so we can work together.

"hey you" natasha said as she walked by. "shouldn't you be clocking out?".

"working after hours again with the boss man" I told her.

"mhm... you've been working a lot of after hours lately" she said.

"he just wants me to work them. that idea I gave out for the presentations got him shook I guess" I laughed.

"yeah... I guess so too" she said. "well, i'll see you tomorrow!".

"bye natasha" I smiled back at her as she walked away.

a few minutes later, joe showed up in the board room. he shot me a smile, which was very cute.

"time to go to work" he said as he sat down.

"do you have a speaker up in here?" I asked him.

"yes...." he said back.

"good" I said as I went up to it.

I connected my phone to the speaker and I went to my apple music playlist. sweet love by anita baker was the first song that came on.

"you know this song right?" I asked him.

"no not at all" he chuckled.

"oof.... well then again-" I was about to say.

"don't even do it" he said.

"do you really even know what I was gonna say?" I said.

"oh wait I remember, you can "read me well" right?!".

"you think you're so funny huh" he chuckled.

"a little bit" I smiled back at him.

he laughed a bit after and then took out all of these folders and papers. it was a lot of them too, and I sighed at the fact of it.