CHAPTER I

A Glimpse Of The Past

DAMIEN!!!

I heard a scream as I watched the kingdom fall, soulless as it crumbled to the ground.

The tall towers and walls that was once the heart and soul of this city, was gone.

but what bothered me the most is the girl who shrieked my name. She knew me, she knew who I really am. But then, in a glimpse she was gone. again.

That girl was there once again, that same girl who still haunts me in my sleep.

And then I snapped back to reality

10:00 am

'SHIT'

I scrambled out of bed and changed into a new set of  clothes. Taking a bath is the least thing that matters when you're already an hour late.

"You're late Mr. Villafuerte!" I heard my boss, Mr. Bonifacio, shout my name from across the room. This is going to be a tough day.

"I'm very sorry Mr-" he didn't even let me finish.

"You better have a valid reason for being an hour late!"  He cut my explanation off to ask me for an explanation. Such irony.

"It won't happen again sir, I assure you" silence surrounded us as he was considering my words.

"Fine!Take a seat, I have to rush this meeting thanks to you" I did what he said and took a seat right next to my best friend,Robert.

"The purpose of meeting is to announce the new excavation project we will be holding. It will take place in Athens, Greece sources tells us that we might find evidences and artifacts that points out to an ancient civilization" Mr. Bonofacio explained, he had a PowerPoint presentation containing the information we needed.

Before the meeting ended, he called the top archaeologists in our team, which of course includes me.

"I will be assigning you guys, for this mission. I will split you up in five, Damien take Team A and Robert, take Team B. Damien and Robert will be your team leaders for this mission. You will be departing tomorrow, so pack your things and don't be late. Now go."

And that's when my world started to change.

Authors note:
Hey hey hey mousselets! This will be our new and first ever book so be sure to give your love and support.
We will be posting 3 chapters per week, so stay tuned.

lots of love,
mousseketeers♡