Chapter 21

"He's breathing, so that's a good sign. It seems that none of his vitals were damaged either, but he's lost a lot of blood. It'll take days, maybe weeks before he fully recovers."

Bow nodded. "I understand. How is he doing now?"

"Thanks to your blood, he's not in any life threatening danger anymore. But he'll probably be out until tomorrow."

Bow nodded. "I see..." He looked down at Kyle, who was sleeping a little more soundly now that his immune system was starting to recover. "Thank you. I'll check  in on him again tomorrow."

"Thanks again," the doctor said, smiling. "If it weren't for you, then he might not have made it."

Bow smiled weekly, then exited the infirmary, closing the door softly behind him. Glimmer was outside waiting for him. "How is he?" she asked. She seemed like she was trying very hard not to look worried. Glimmer always acted that way to cover up how sensitive she actually was.

"He's going to be okay. The doctor says he should make a full recovery by the end of the week."

Glimmer sighed with evident relief, then, realizing what she'd just done, straightened and coughed. Bow laughed. "Yeah, I'm relived too."

She fixed a frown onto her face. "I'm not relived, but it is good to know that we haven't lost our new protector for good." She paced around. "But we can't relax yet, because if the hoard attacks now, we're going to be in big trouble. We need to find She-Ra."

Bow agreed. Adora had been missing for three days now, and they still didn't have any leads. He wondered if Kyle knew anything. When they'd brought him in he'd said something like "No, I need to save She-Ra" before he passed out. Maybe he knew where she was.

"Anyway, even if we aren't looking for She-Ra, we can't just sit around doing nothing while we wait for Kyle to recover. We need to-"

"Princess Glimmer!"

Glimmer turned.

"Princess Glimmer! Oh, and Bow, you too. The queen would like to speak to you."