Part 6

"Don't take me suddenly, give me enough time to say goodbye", said the dandelion to the wind. "Don't leave me suddenly, give me enough time to say goodbye", said the dog to the dandelion.

It was the Saturday before the school break ended. Taehyung and you were each sitting on one swing, perhaps appearing a little too old for the activity.

"I'm leaving."

The past few months have eventually led up to this. The universe must be laughing indeed.

Rewind to the week before the dance club's concert. Taehyung had slammed his door and hid in his room for an entire day after finding out that his dad has taken a new job offer in a city further north and they will be moving there in three weeks' time. Three weeks?

They didn't even bother to ask whether he was ok with this. Heck, what's the point? Even if he tried to resist it, they would probably rationalise everything by saying that the new place is much better than here, it is a bigger city after all.

While preparing for their concert, Taehyung managed to tell a few of his close friends about the development. Everyone was predictably upset with the suddenness of this news and each tried in their own way to make Taehyung feel a little better, maybe to also make themselves feel a little better. But Taehyung just wanted them to treat him as they would usually, he did not want to constantly be reminded of his impending departure.

For some reason, he was never able to breach the topic with you. Till the moment he watched you leave him at the school gate on the Friday before their concert day. He finally understood why.

Having realised his feelings, he had a hard time seeing you around. So, he tried to avoid you during the concert day and when you messaged him, he didn't know how to reply. He felt guilty that he wasn't able to tell you yet but at the same time it was too difficult for even himself to face it.

While he was still trying to sort out his mind, his friends had asked him for a game of basketball, one of the last he would get to enjoy with this gang. While taking a break during the game, he saw you walking towards the school library, and he just zoned out again thinking how and when he should tell you.

"Have you told Y/N?", Jimin suddenly asked Taehyung, noticing Taehyung looking at you.

"Haven't had a chance to..."

"You probably should tell her soon. You usually can't be bothered about the girls in school, but I can tell she's different to you." Was it that obvious? Or was it just because Jimin is his best friend so he's somehow able to tell such things.

Not long after, he saw you dashing towards the school gate in a fluster, causing him to lose his focus on the game and being accidentally hit in the jaw by a pass from Jimin.

It probably took him around one second to decide to chase after you, and good thing he did. What happened that day had affected you so badly, Taehyung was just glad he was there with you throughout. He briefly considered letting you know about his situation, but watching you cry your heart out at the end of the day, he knew it was not the right time.

Things did get a little awkward the day after you broke down in front of Taehyung. But at the same time, you were grateful to Taehyung for what he did for you and said to you that night. Somehow though you felt like Taehyung was a little different. The next few times you two visited the shelter over the school break he wasn't as much of his usual carefree self.

You wanted to find a time to talk to him about that night, and if you were feeling brave enough, to revisit your past. But he exuded a slightly evasive mood, and so, you felt like it was not the right time.