I'm Awarded a Title and Messy Hair

I groaned and wrung my hair as I spoke,

"Was he impressed that I fell out of a tree?"

"No, he was impressed you did it for a flag." Callista chuckled. More footsteps came through the underbrush and I stood up as Bekah walked through, holding Noah by the arm.

"He was just claimed." Her eyes turned to me and she suppressed a sigh. "And so was she."

"Come on, you two. Let's go get you moved into the cabin." Callista smiled as she led us from the woods.

Noah and I packed up our belongings as quickly as we could, eager to get out of the packed cabin.

"Claimed on our second day." I laughed. "Wow."

"What's surprising about that?" Noah asked.

"We could've been in this cabin for months." I responded. I picked my bag up from my bed and let out a wide smile. "Now c'mon, let's go meet our half-siblings."

The Ares cabin was loud. Like really loud. It was made with choppy wood painted over with a crimson red. Lining the top was barbed wire, bouncing as the loud punk music beat through the walls.

"This is awesome." I muttered.

"Yeah, and loud." Noah responded.

"Oh, it'll be fun!" I elbowed his side before opening the door and looking around. At least a dozen or so campers were standing in the cabin, either messing with each other, polishing weapons, dancing, or sitting on their bunks with anger. A tall, darker haired girl stopped and turned to us. A crooked grin appeared on her face as she stepped forward and slapped a hand down on my shoulder.

"I heard you two were coming today! Hey everyone, welcome Noah and Aella to the fam!" A cheer erupted through the campers and both Noah and I widened our eyes.

"Thanks." I laughed faintly. Noah nodded in awe before nudging me and motioning to the wall that was lined with weapons.

"Impressive, huh?" The girl asked. "The name's Clarisse. I'm cabin leader here for cabin five." Once again a crooked grin spread across her face as she ushered Noah and I to our bunks.

"How old are you two?"

"I'm twelve, and she's eleven." Noah responded.

"Looks like we got a new youngest!" A boy shouted from across the room.

"Sherman's right," Clarisse grinned before walking over to a boy about a foot shorter than her. She leaned against him and smirked faintly. "You're the youngest Ares here."

"Well," I said as a smile spread across my face. "Aren't I lucky?"

The boy that Clarisse had used as a wall straightened up and nodded.

"You two will fit in just fine here, won't they?" A few people nodded and others called out an approval.

For the first time in my life I had people other than Noah that I could trust. Camp Half-Blood was my home.

Later that day half the Ares cabin stood out in the training area. Half-siblings fought against each other like it was no big deal, which made my smile grow even larger. Noah leaned against an empty rack, scanning his eyes across the grounds.

"Come on!" I bounded over to him and shoved him playfully. "Where's all your fun from before. It's like we've switched places!" Suddenly he lashed out and shoved me away roughly. Without a word he stormed away towards the Poseidon cabin.

"Hey, kid. A lot of newbies do that. I wouldn't be too worried." Someone spoke as they placed their elbow on the top of my head.

"Yeah, yeah. I figured." I shrugged loosely before stepping out from under their elbow to face them. The stranger was tall, and he had scruffy brown hair. A scar trailed down from his forehead to the side of his eye.

"I'm Ryker." He extended his hand. Almost instantly I shook it in return and smiled.

"Uh, Aella, but you probably already know that." He chuckled before responding as he ruffled my hair.

"Yeah, I know." Suddenly a loud blast emitted from the bathroom and water came flooding out. Clarisse placed her sword in her sheath before groaning and running after the girl I had seen before, Natalie.

"Not again with you Poseidon kids!"