C H A P T E R F I V E

☼

"I knew it, I fucking knew it" Tommy said more to himself than to the family gathered in front of him on the long table.

"What? What fuck is going on?" Arthur asked as he stood there with his arms crossed over his chest stubbornly and annoyed. In that moment Finn returned with Michael. Tommy's eyes evolved to slits as they trailed towards Michael. But other then saying something he just pulled out a box and slammed it on the table. It reeked terrible and everyone immediately held their nose to stop the smell. "What fuck is that?"

"Michael would you do us the favor?" Tommy asked obviously angry. Michael didn't understood the reason. The family was reunited in their old office on watery lane again and the Italians were gone after they lost their leader and got slaughtered by the Peaky Blinders. The boy stepped forward opening the box shyly and freeing all the flys in the room. Everyone held something like a cloth in front of their face as the smell clouded their nostrils.

"The Vendetta was over" Michael mumbled under his breath as he stepped back again looking at the older man rather confused.

"This weren't the Italians" Polly commented as she held her silk scarf in front of her face. "They send their little cards. Those people are more radical"

"You know who's heart that is? I found it shortly after Charlie called me because he found Holiday dead in her stall" Tommy said as he glared towards Michael. "And we even got an gratulation card. Michael" The boy pulled the paper out in disgust.

"Nadie es seguro a menos que menor pájaro no nido est" He said not probably and with one of his eyebrows raised. It looked quite amusing."I don't speak fucking Italian"

"Right because if you did you would already know that it's Spanish not Italian" Tommy said. "No one is save until the little bird is back in its nest"

"What fuck is this supposed to mean?" Arthur frowned."And why do you speak Spanish?"

"It says that the bitch that killed Changretta is missed down there and now the cavalry is coming for her including Carlos Cortesa himself probably. I don't speak Spanish but I have someone informing me" Tommy explained furiously his eyes getting a little darker as he did so. "You wanna know what they call her down there?" He asked directly to Michael."queen of the south"

"Can you explain it so we all understand it?" Ada asked as he was finally sick of the big, big secret.

"Spanish killer bosses are coming after us since Michael caught heart eyes on the queen of the south since her king is missing her. And the Cortesa are not like the Italians we just had to deal with. They're trained to be killers from the age of six. They don't just shoot people; the torture them. Smarter and probably faster than we are and the bloody Luca Changretta"

"What if we just hand that gurl out?" Arthur said as Polly still remained silently.

"No" Michael mumbled simply looking to the floor knowing that he had no right to say that.

"They would still come after us because they think that we had something to do with the disappearance of Marina fucking Cortesa" Tommy explained clearly stressed.

"And what if we get them first?" Michael asked with hope in his voice.

"Just like the Italians huh? And who's going to die this time?" Arthur asked sharp still in pain from his brothers death.

"Shut up" Polly mumbled silently before getting up from her seat looking at the man around sternly. "We can't go back, we can't dodge around it so we have to go forward"

"What is that supposed to mean?" Arthur said looking towards the woman clearly confused.

"We need to make them cooperate" Tommy said as he understood what Polly was trying to say.

They all went their way since the meeting was rather ended now. Most of them were now more confused than before.

"Michael you stay" Tommy said suddenly as the boy made his way towards the door after talking to his mom. Polly threw him a look before tucking his collar and leaving. But not before looking at Tommy sternly.

"I know it was an very bad coincidence but she saved many lives" He said as he looked at his hands and took the seat in front of Tommy.

"Maybe" He said as he pored him and himself an glass of whiskey. "But What Polly said could be very useful"

"What do you mean?" He said as he sipped the burning liquid.

"Impregnate her"

"What the fuck?" He just said frowning as he just thought about the connections of everything but they were somehow missing.

"The Cortesa had shit up with our people in New York that's why I knew that all. Meanwhile our people kinda accidentally killed Marinas older brother who ran their business there. So we kinda tried to cooperate with them but ended up that the only way would be to connect our blood with an wedding or an child just how we did with John and Esme"

"And lemme guess I'm the lucky man?" Michael almost chuckled as he looked at Tommy with his eyebrows raised again in that adorable way.

"Actually Polly was meant to marry Carlos since Marina was married to this french dude and was pregnant with his child. But whatever happened to the babe and the husband it's rather good for us because now I can avoid a fight with your even more stubborn mother" Michael facepalmed himself as he listened. He saw Polly yelling at Tommy in his head already and glasses shattering on walls.

"Ya okay" Tommy cracked an small smile as Michael said that.

"You're dismissed. Have an pretty evening with your new fiancée" Tommy said as he pushed an blue box to him. Michael smiled weakly before taking the box.

"Why didn't you told the others about your plans?" Michael said as he stood up and made the box disappear in his coats pocket.

"What do you think?" He just said cold as he leaned back in his chair looking at him. This man would always be one great mystery.