Chapter thirteen

☼

"Oh shit" Polly gasped as she realized what Marina just said.

"Stay calm" She said towards the older woman as Polly started breathing heavily at the fact that her other grandchild was on its way. The latina was ignoring the upcoming pain.

"How should I stay bloody calm?" She yelled as she was paralyzed from the situation.

"Call Finn to take care after Francis and the midwife and maybe Ada if she's in the city but stay calm Polly. Breathe" The curly haired woman chuckled at the younger that was a about to give birth.

Hours later and I mean many hours later Polly held her new grandchild. She could not keep herself from smiling at the new born thing. The blue eyed thing wouldn't start wiggled and trying to take everything that the new world held. She was pale and her hair was light blonde. Polly was rather glad that it wasn't another one that looked like an black haired demon and so was Marina.

Even though the girl had been struggling very much after the little Luciana was born. She almost bleed out the midwife said. But she kept herself from it. Even if dead would've been a kindness she couldn't let her children grow up without a mother and father that would drown himself in whores and coke. Maybe Polly would take in the kids and they would've had an rather good life.

Ada had been probably an bigger help than Polly because she had maintained calmness unlike her aunt. Polly blacked out really fast but they first of all were busy getting the babe.

And Finn was dramatized. He managed to put Francisco to sleep through his mums streams in the room next to them. But his sleep did not last long but when Finn came to watch the woman struggling he almost joined Polly. He just threw up as he couldn't avoid it from the pics in front of his eyes. And then he went back to Francis. The little boy even tried to comfort the youngest Shelby making Finn get his mind of the birth and smile about the adorable boy.

Marina was dreaming when she fell into her cometic sleep. She hadn't slept that deep for to long.

The latina ran through the rows of orange trees as the warm sun hid her olive skin as a loud chuckle came from her throat as if there was nothing easier. The boy chased her. Even if she had no chance because he had longer legs she kept on running with her long black hair opened for the world to admire it. Her mind was running as free as she was. It felt like no one could hurt them. Like she was watching the world from another level now. As if the shadows were gone. As if the were in their bubble of perfection. The young black haired girl fell onto an green meadow just laughing for no special response but the appreciation of life.

Hell I was young back then, her lucid I thought as she watched herself in the flashback.

The boy landed next to her his blonde curls jumping around like an set of summer flowers. Just laughed and happiness filled the air that day. The bees and the trees and the so very blue sky made it perfect. Draw arable for every artist.

"Marina will you-" His soft voice was cut of by noise that cut into her dream trashing her back into the real world. She couldn't believe that she remembered his face and even his voice with that light accent hidden deep in it.

"How can it be that pretty? It's fake isn't it? My babe? That cute? And my pretty wife and my pretty kids. It's not real isn't it? " Michael said as he looked down at the new born. He couldn't believe that he made that little piece of glass with Marina on his desk. Never in so long he actually thought about the fact that the sex he liked so dearly could bring him something like that. Another being that breathed and blinked.

"And I can't even die in piece because of you little shit being so loud" Marina groaned as she turned so the fresh sun light turned her eyes into caramel. She was exhausted but Michael couldn't help but think that she hadn't been prettier before. The boy hurried to give his kid carefully back to his cousin to go towards his wife. He knelt down in front of her a weak smile dancing on his lips.

"I love you. You're such a great person. The best that came into my life yet. The day you stepped into my hospital room was one of the greatest I experienced. You with your kind brown and the smashed hand" He whispered as his face was exactly in front of hers. The man admired his wife for short. She was we such an flawless being. His fingers trailed over the scars on her hand.

"You're annoying" She managed to get out smiling even though the will to do so was missing. "And that's why I love you" He kissed her after that statement. Sweet, short without any bad vibes. No toxic like some they used to share back in Detroit. When they fought each other off just to come back to one another.

"You dare are not going to leave me. Please don't do that" Michael said desperately as her statement came back to his mind.

"My time should've come way earlier" She just answered sadly knowing that she was right.

"No! You deserve every second here even if I don't, you do. Like heaven just as an person" He whispered well knowing that he sounded like an idiot but that she understood every word. "Hey look at me. We are going to get out of this soon okay"

"Michael"She proud out soft still tired. "This life is nothing you just leave behind. Your name is Gray and mine is Cortesa. And death is the only that follows people like you and me certainly"