- p r o l o u g e -

Laiken has never seen a man ever in her life broken until she met him. They were on the sidewalk at night, him bawling his eyes out, his breathing coming out ridged, his body shaking like a dog.

She didn't do anything but rub his back soothingly, as he muttered incoherent words. She would occasionally look at him and examine his looks. His once brown curls, replaced with nothing, his olive color skinned wasn't there, only translucent grey skin, showing his dark blue veins lightly and back swirls covering it like tattoos.

He would occasionally wipe his face then go back in his previous position, his face in his hands, his black hood over the majority of his head. His hands were covered with hands, as if he didn't even want to look at what he thought was ugly.

"You need to stop crying, it won't solve anything." The black hair girl says, shaking her head lightly.

The boy shakes his head and continues to cry. She doesn't know how long the boy has been here with her, crying outside of a apartment complex and she doesn't care honestly. All she wanted was for the boy to stop crying and to leave.

She groans lightly, moving her bangs out her face, them falling in her face again. She grabs the boys face, looking at him dead in his stone grey eyes, glassed over with tears.

"Crying won't solve anything, you should know that." The girl says, her eyes fixed on the boys black marks all over his jawline and the exposed part of his next.

"B-but, I'm ugly. No one would give me the attention that they usually do, they look frighten, like I'm some certain freak show." The boy whimpers, tears falling down his cheeks. The girl wipes them away, shaking her head.

"You aren't ugly, you just need a little makeover to make your heart beautiful. That's all." She says softly, smiling lightly.

----

A/N: Prologue, enjoy.