Three

Onika Maraj
New Orleans, Louisiana
2011, April 25th

For the past week in a half, Nicki and Meek had been texting nonstop. It wasn't really about anything big. They would mainly talk about the boys, and planning something for them.

Eli's Dad
Lol we planning shit for them when I don't even know what I'm doing for my own birthday.
>
Birthdayyyy? Whenn?
<
May 6th. I probably end up spending it with Eli anyway.
>
Lol no! I'll take you out for your birthday. You have to enjoy your thirties before you hit 40 and your bones start aching.
<
Damn. I might be 40 already. Let me check my birth certificate.
>

Nicki laughed, shaking her head. He was a trip. She was home, alone. Christian was at his away football game in New York. She wanted to go, but his dad offered and said he would meet him there. When he got back he was going to stay the weekend at Meek's. She knew she would be super bored.

Her doorbell rung and she looked at her door, debating on if she should get up and answer it. She barley had any clothes on. Her clothing when she had a day off consisted of a thong, and t-shirt with knee-high socks.

Nicki got up, going to the door. She looked through the peephole, seeing a delivery guy. She was confused. She grabbed her robe from the couch, wrapping it around her tightly before unlocking and opening the door.

"Yes?"

"Delivery for Maraj. Sign here please." Nicki took the pen, signing for the package. "Have a good day ma'am." The guy told her as he walked away.

She was so wrapped up in the box, she didn't even say it back, just shut the door. She looked at the name on the box. "Christian Maraj" Nicki rolled her eyes.

She sat the box down on the table. He'll get in when he gets in. His grandmother on his father side was always sending him little gifts because she rarely seen him, even though she lived in Louisiana. She didn't like that. Like, do not butter my son up with gifts. He doesn't want presents, he wants people's presence.

Nicki returned back to the couch, seeing her girlfriend calling. "Hey Ryan, wassup?"

"The girls and I heard you had the day off, open your door." Nicki looked at the door then back at her phone.

"Uh-uh. Who said I wanted comp-.." Ryan ended the call. Nicki shook her head as she got up. Walking over to the door, she opened it letting her friends in.

"Hiiii." Ryan said.

"Let's get drunkkk." Mercedes said, coming in. "I toast to that." Megan said and Nicki laughed.

"Hi babe." Her best friend, Lauren said as she came inside.

"Why you nakeddd? You got somebody here?" Megan asked, covering her mouth. Nicki turned back around, looking at Megan like she already knew the answer to the question.

"Bitch I wish. You know I don't."

"We gone hook you up with something cause sweetie..." Megan said, drinking from the D'usse bottle.

"How long as it been?" Lauren asked as they at sat down, settling in. Nicki looked up, thinking as she made her way over to the couch.

"I don't know. I wanna say three years, but it could've been four." Mercedes eyes got big as she looked at Nicki. She didn't understand how she was still breathing. Four years? Talk about drought.

"Bitch." Ryan shook her head. "You know you wrong."

"I knowwww. I really need some though. It's been way too long. Since I moved here I really just been working and taking care of Christian."