Going Home

After a week or two, I decide to leave Bradley. I'll miss him, but I feel wrong for killing and attacking all of these innocent--some guilty--wolves and humans. "Where will you be staying?" Bradley asks, a tear running down his cheek. I wipe it away and reply, "Far from here. I've caused too much trouble for this state. Please don't visit me." Bradley hesitates, but nods slowly. We're at the top of a mountain, and I want Bradley to stay here and howl his sorrow. We're right at the edge; a perfect view for everyone.

I kiss Bradley slowly, and back away. "Remember me," I say, beginning to tear up. I take off my necklace that he gave to me when HE was leaving. Bradley looks at me with wide eyes, and before he asks me what's wrong, I kiss him on the cheek. "I...I love you, Bradley. Since the day you met me." He looks at me and grabs my hand. "I love you, too," he says. It's not just a regular 'I love you.' It has meaning behind it.

A tear slides down my cheek and I sniffle a little bit. I back away onto the edge of the mountain, and wave goodbye. I mouthed the words 'I love you,' and fall. Bradley screams my name, tries to catch my hand, but it's too late. My tears float in the sky as I fall. "Jana!" Is the last word I hear from Bradley, and I hit the ground.

Goodbye.