Chapter 2:[Breaking Through and Distress]

"⬥︎♒︎♋︎⧫︎ ♋︎❍︎ ♓︎ ♏︎❖︎♏︎■︎ ♎︎□︎♓︎■︎♑︎📬︎📬︎📬︎📬︎"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been a few days since 2-P's nightmare and 1-S is healed and awake, and now both subjects are together again. 

Gaster went to the cell to continue the lazer experiment on 2-P's eyes, Gaster was approaching the cell door when he heard 2-P talking to 1-S. "I KNOW HE CAN CHANGE BROTHER, THERE MUST BE A BIT OF KINDNESS ON HIM" subject 2 exclaimed, 

"i'm not sure about that bro, last time i checked, he blew my skull" sans replied, 

"I-I KNOW..B-BUT I KNOW HE CAN STILL CHANGE...HE CAN BE GOOD..I KNOW IT" 2-P told 1-S, 

"why do you still believe in him changing??there's no point" sans said in denial

"WELL...IF HE'S HEARTLESS AS YOU SAY HE WAS..THEN WHY DID HE HELPED ME WHEN I HAD A NIGHTMARE?.." pap's said in a shaky voice

"what do you mean bro??" sans asked confused

while subject 1 and subject 2 are having a conversation, Gaster is listening behind a wall next to the cell's door and he's...shaking..

"WELL...WHILE YOU WERE AWAY AND UMMM HEALING I HAD A NIGHTMARE THAT TIME AND YOU WERE NOT THERE TO HELP ME SINCE..YOU ALWAYS COMFORT ME WHEN I HAD ONE..." subject 2 started explaining.

"okay???" subject 1 is listening to his brother..

"HE WENT TO CHECK ON ME THAT TIME WHILE I WAS STILL TERRIFIED WITH THE NIGHTMARE I HAD AND...HE OPENED THE CELL AND APPROACHED ME....I LOOKED AT HIS FACE WHETHER HE'S MAD OR UPSET BECAUSE I THINK I MIGHT HAVE MADE A SOUND AND DISTRACTED HIM..AND ALL I COULD SEE IN HIS FACE IS THE EXPRESSION OF...WORRY..." Gaster clenched his chest on what he's hearing and he's trembling...he wanted to step in and stop subject 2 on continuing his words but...why he can't move...he's just frozen in place..unable to speak..unable to do anything..why can't he do anything..

"I HUGGED HIM IMMEDIATELY AFTER I SAW HIS EXPRESSION AND THEN HE CARRIED ME TO HIS OFFICE AND SAT ON THE COUCH...AND HE COMFORTED ME...HE HELD ME CLOSE TO HIM WHILE I'M STILL SCARED AND TERRIFIED FROM THE NIGHTMARE I HAD THAT NIGHT...S-SO...I KNOW THAT HE CAN BE GOOD..HE STILL CARES..I KNOW IT..."subject 2 stared at sans with hope in his face...

"*sigh* alright...if you say so bro..but I still don't know why he did that?.." subject 1 asked in confusion

Gaster, standing and hiding behind the wall is now staring on the floor not moving..he stopped shaking and he walked away from the cell back to his office..I guess Gaster cancelled the schedule for lazering 2-P's eye today..

{time skip: next day}

1-S and 2-P are awake and they started having a conversation when suddenly Gaster appeared on the other side of the cell's lazer door..Gaster turned the lazer off and placed down a paper bag in front of them, but subject 2 noticed something.."UMMM ARE YOU OKAY?" Gaster didn't respond and started walking out of the cell, "can't talk?? cat got your tongue??" sans tried to irritate Gaster but no respond...

Gaster is out of he cell and he turned the lazer door on and walked away towards his office...Gaster sat down at his chair, Gaster tried recollection his thoughts and then he saw the drawing that subject 2 gave him back then.

Gaster picked it up and looked at it, he remembered he burned a hole in it with his cigarette, so he stood up and grabbed a folder of one of his reports and kept in there inside and placed that folder on the shelf.