Trade Deals

"Where is it?"

"Where is what?"

"Our acceptance email or whatever?"

"Uhh... usually they call you back. You put the company hotline in the email, right?"

"Yeah, yeah, so why haven't we gotten a call?"

"Because we didn't get in...?"

"Scott."

"What?"

"I'm going to need you to come to my office."

"...Why?"

"Now."

"Alright, alright, I'm coming."

Scott stared at the screen, and then he looked at John in confusion. "Did you miss the call or something?"

"No, I picked up every single call I got for the last week. I checked my email hourly. There is no way we could have missed it."

There, on the screen, in bold letters, twelve spots down on the team list: SkipByte.

"How the hell are we supposed to know where to go? Did you get the call? Is this a prank?"

"Seriously Jonathan, I don't know what's going on! Maybe- maybe you put the wrong number?"

"The wrong number!? Me?! Scott I'm offended that even crossed your mind!"

"Check the email you sent- maybe you did, I- I'm not accusing you of anything!" He added hastily, "Just check, please?"

"Fine..." John grumbled.

With a few clicks the two of them were searching through the business email's sent folder, trying to find the one they sent to Caldwell.

"There it is!" Scott pointed at the screen, and John went to click on it. There, at the bottom. Their business phone number. The direct hotline to John's office.

"That's supposed to be a 9." Scott muttered, looking from the number to John.

"You-" John stared at the zero where the nine was supposed to be. "You're right..."

"Hello, you've reached the voicemail of William Taylor. Leave a message."

John raised an eyebrow and turned to Scott. They had called the number on speakerphone and were surprised to hear the British voice from the other end. "Pretty dull voice message isn't it?" John muttered, eliciting a quiet chuckle from Scott. "Guess I'll just leave him my number and have him call me back."

"Your number? Or the office hotline?"

"My number. Who knows when he'd call, the British are weird."

"Good point," Scott laughed again, as John gave this 'William' his personal cell number. Once he was done leaving his message, he turned to Scott.

"Drinks?"

"On company time?" Scott feigned shock, grinning. "Sure."

Will woke up from his mid-morning nap to a few voicemails. One from a woman looking for a magician for her son's birthday party, another from the landlord calling about the water bill- he hadn't paid it yet- and one from a number he didn't recognise. He listened to that last one and his eyes widened as he realised just who it was that was calling.

"Oh my god..." Will muttered to himself, replaying the voice message. "Oh my god," he repeated, even quieter. He had the asshole billionaire in his pocket. This was amazing. Maybe... Maybe he should call him back. They could make a proper business deal.