ocho

the only connection daniel had left with his family were some photographs of them, daniel loved his parents' photograph on their wedding day. his mother looked so beautiful in her long, traditional white wedding dress with long sleeves. his mahogany brown hair loose and wore a bouquet of light pink roses. his father, who had his arm around her waist, was pushing her to kiss her cheek. he wore a classic black tuxedo with a simple black bow tie. jeff looked at kery with dazed eyes, while she laughed.

daniel didn't think he had seen his parents happier than they were in this picture. his eyes fell on the photo, while he bit his lower lip and then took another photo, it had been a few years after his wedding and his parents and daniel were with a newborn baby, that was anna. his little sister.

god, i miss you so much.

suddenly, someone knocked on the door and before daniel could answer, it was already opening. feeling nervous and startled, he quickly stored the photos by pushing them under his pillow.

corbyn entered his room while raising an eyebrow. he had a mocking smile on his face, as he approached daniel. "what were you hiding?" the blonde boy asked, trying to snatch the image from under the pillow.

"it's nothing." daniel lied, crushing the blonde's arm. he didn't want corbyn to invade his personal space.

corbyn smiled, hovering over him. daniel fell on his back against his bed, while he climbed on top of the blue-eyed boy to straddle him. on top.

daniel's face turned cherry red, while he held his breath. corbyn smiled at his reaction, as he stretched to brush a strand of dyed boy's hair. "okay, dani." he whispered in a voice that caused chills throughout the younger's body. what was this guy doing to me? wondered the blue eyed boy scared of this new feelings. "i guess i'm going to have to do this my way."

before daniel could react faster, the blonde's hand took the photos from under his pillow. the boy's blue eyes widened as he watched him attentively to see the blonde boy's reaction. the dyed-haired boy's face turned pale and blank, and just for the slightest second, daniel forgot that corbyn was still on top of him.

"okay, you can get off now." daniel growled, pushing him away from him. daniel was quite angry because corbyn took his personal things without his permission.

he also couldn't help noticing that corbyn was still looking at the picture. his face was blank, so he couldn't figure out what he was thinking when he looked at it.

"give them back to me, besson." daniel muttered, snatching them away. he didn't want to be rude, but he didn't want anyone to see that, he didn't want corbyn to judge him either. not that i thought he was going to do it, i mean, i trust him, right?

yes, i trust corbyn besson with my life. literally.

"you look really happy." he whispered, looking daniel in the eye. he was talking about another picture, it was one where there were the four of them and anna was already at least ten years old. they all look happy looking at the camera.

"we are." daniel said immediately. "well, i guess we...were."

corbyn smiled slightly sadly, his eyes following daniel's hand as he slid the photos under his pillow, where they should be. "there's a reason you're here today," corbyn said suddenly, causing daniel to come back to him with a raised eyebrow.

"what do you mean?" replied the blue-eyed boy frowning.

corbyn smiled, looking at the cracked white wall to the right. "there is a reason why you survived, dani. there is a reason why you were chosen to stay here with everyone, with me. there is a reason i found you before you jump."

daniel wanted to cry.

the blue eyed boy's heart was pounding hard against his chest, as if he wanted to get out. "don't say things like that, corbyn." daniel's voice broke.

corbyn turned to daniel, his eyes fixed on the salty tears that slid down daniel's cheeks. slowly, corbyn reached out to remove tears from his cheeks. what surprised daniel most was when corbyn didn't take away his hand. in fact, his hand cupped the right cheek of the blue-eyed boy rubbing circles on his temple with his thumb. "say things like what?" corbyn repeated. "the truth?"

daniel's hands trembled at his sides, while his cheek felt warm against the palm of corbyn.

"your family doesn't want to see you sad, dani." corbyn's soft voice was reassuring him. he cried out in a way that only corbyn could do. "you are here for a reason. don't let them down. "

"corbyn, you don't know what you're..."

corbyn's lips suddenly landed against daniel's cheek. the heart of the blue-eyed boy's heart began to accelerate, when corbyn's soft, cold lips came into contact with his reddened and wet cheeks.

i know it was just a kiss on the cheek, daniel thought, but it's the most intimate thing that ever happened to me.

daniel hated to admit it, but it felt very good.

when corbyn pushed his lips away, daniel couldn't help noticing that the blonde's ears had a pink touch. he held a small smile as he realized that corbyn had blushed.

corbyn looked at daniel shyly. "y-yes, yes." he stuttered, sounding shaky and nervous. "i know exactly what i say, dani. reason number eight, your family."

===
word count: 943

check out my new dorbyn story 'genophobia', please ♥️

ǝıp ɐuuɐʍ ı