2

The Cooper's house

Penelope sat down on Betty's bed as her mother had a talk with them. These talks never ended well but she couldn't avoid it.

"Poppy, Betty." She cringed at her old childhood nickname.

"This coming year is critical for colleges. Grades are important, extracurriculars, athletics. Maintaining a decent character is hugely important, they do look at that." Alice explained only to be cut off by her twins

" Mom, I'm a sophomore." Betty said, Penelope sided with Betty and spoke up as well.

"I am too, don't you think you're taking this a little too far?"she asked her mother, the look she received from Alice was enough to make her sigh.

" You've accomplished so much, I don't want anything jeopardizing that. I mean, just think of your poor sister. She was such a shining star before she let that Blossom boy ruin her."Alice explained with a hint bitterness in her voice.

" Mom, I'm not Polly."Betty said, Penelope looked away at the mention of her sister. She missed her very much and Jason blossom, even though she hated him for hurting her.

"You missed curfew last night."Alice pointed out.

"By seven minutes."Betty said, this reminded Penelope so much of them. She and Betty were seven minutes apart, fraternal twins.

"I was with Archie, who has red hair, yes, but is nothing like Jason Blossom."Betty's voice brought her from her thoughts.

"Oh, but sweetie, all boys are like Jason Blossom. I love you so much, Elizabeth. I just need you to be smart, okay? And stay... Focused."Alice spoke as she walked towards the door.

"I refilled your Adderall. Seems you forgot to pick up your prescription."Penelope looks at Betty as their mother leaves the room, shaking her head.

"No comment"

(Time skip)

The school

"So have you talked to Reggie yet?"Kevin asked, Penelope shook her head and let out a sigh.

"Oh no, not since our big fight"she said, adjusting the bag on her back.

"You never explained what that fight was about"he said, she looked down as she remembered the fight. It wasn't something she wanted to share with anyone.

"It was about something that I really don't want to talk about"she said, patting his arm. He gave her a look to which she shook her head.

"Seriously Jason dying has me messed up, like serious damage Kev"she tells him.

"I remember you two were close"Kevin said, looking down sadly at the tragic loss of their fellow classmate Jason.

"We were best friends"she said, shaking her head as they approached Betty and the new girls Veronica and Amelia lodge.

"So what's the social scene like here? Any night clubs?"the youngest lodge girl asked.

"A strip club called the Ho Zone and a tragic gay bar called Innuendo. Friday nights, football games and then tailgate parties at the Mallmart parking lot. Saturday night is movie night, regardless of what's playing at the Bijou, and you better get there early, because we don't have reserved seating in Riverdale. And Sunday nights... Thank God for HBO."Kevin explained.

"Amelia and Veronica Lodge, Kevin Keller and my sister Penelope. Veronica's new here. Kevin is..."Veronica cuts her off.

"gay, thank God. Let's be best friends."she said shaking his hand.

"Is it true what they say about your dad?" Kevin asked.

"Kev..."Penelope said, giving him a look of shock.

"That he's the devil incarnate?" Veronica asked, the atmosphere had turned sour.

"Sorry but We stand by our father."Amelia said, folding her arms.

"Does everyone here know?"Veronica asked.

"Wonderful."Amelia said, rolling her eyes.

"Ten minutes in and we're already the Blue Jasmine of Riverdale High."