Death of the Original Chen Lu

Seeing Chen Lu's stunned expression, Yu Xiao could not take it anymore. She pulled a corner of her red lips back into a condensing smirk and rested her left hand on her hip with a huff. "Mother, don't waste any more time on his idiot. We need to hurry; I need my beauty sleep for my wedding tomorrow. I want to look my very best for Eldest Young Master Li!"

Chen Lu's head perked up at those words and Yu Xiao's face twisted with more ridicule. Raising up her chin like Madame Gong, Yu Xiao curled up her lips. "Hmph. What do you think you are looking at?" Yu Xiao Harrumphed at Chen Lu's shock expression. "Did you really think that Eldest Young Master Li wanted to wed someone like you?! Tsk. Let me tell you, Eldest Young Master Li and I love each other very much. He truly and only cares for me. He only used you as an excuse to come to the Li manor, idiot. ...We even have a child together." Yu Xiao paused for a moment and then rubbed her slight raised stomach caringly before deciding to say the last part.

"Eldest Young Master Li has never and will never love you! He and I are a perfect match. So just die already." Yu Xiao eyed Chen Lu with a disgusted glare.

Since Yu Xiao had has been 'nice' and proper to Chen Lu before, seeing her behavior now and hearing all this, Chen Lu felt her heart ache and drop. Chen Lu did not know what to think!

When Yu Xiao spoke, Madame Gong's eyes never left Chen Lu for even a second. so, seeing bewilderment and fear wash over Chen Lu's face, Madame Gong wiped away her façade and smirked proudly. "Chen Lu you must not blame your Eldest sister. Eldest Young Master Li has never liked you, yet you persist on ruining his one chance at happiness. That is very cruel and wrong. Your eldest sister would have told you about their relationship earlier, but you've just never allowed her the opportunity to. So do understand the hardships that your Eldest sister had to endure because of your selfishness. Aishii... just look, you even got your eldest brother hurt. Do you know, the physician said that Xin's chances of wake up is near impossible and if he does – by some miracle wake up, he'll be crippled for life. This was all because of you. Not only did you hurt your Eldest Sister, you even killed and crippled your Eldest Brother. Hmnn.... Chen Lu, it seems I have doted on you too much. Just look at how much suffering and damage you have brought onto the Zhu family!" Madame Gong's eyes shone with laughter as she spoke those words.

Chen Lu felt her dropped-heart shatter upon hearing Madame Gong's words.

Abruptly pushing herself up from the bed, Chen Lu wanted to rush to her eldest brother's side and apologize, but since Chen Lu was not taken care of well, she barely had any strength to push herself up.

When she did eventually manage to lift up her body slightly, Madame Gong eyed Ling Mama and with a rough hard push, Ling Mama smashed Chen Lu back onto the bed.

"Chen Lu, you are not well. It is bad for you to get up. Ling Mama will help you to sleep." Madame Gong stared at Chen Lu coldly and mockingly.

Hearing the coldness in those words and seeing the malicious glint in Madame Gong's eyes, Chen Lu screamed. However, regrettably, before Chen Lu could really make any sound, Ju Lo handed Ling Mama a pillow and Ling Mama violently smashed the pillow on Chen Lu's face. Snuffing all sounds from escaping Chen Lu's mouth.

The pillow tightly covered Chen Lu's nose and mouth well. Chen Lu tried kicking and attempted to pull the pillow away, but her arms were quickly restrained down by Ju Lo, and given that Chen Lu had only drunk medicinal drinks the whole time she was unconscious, she did not really have much strength to fight against the two servants.

As Ling Mama continued to violently press down on the thick pillow, eventually, Chen Lu's rigid and struggling body fell limp.

Sensing no more struggle from Chen Lu, Ling Mama carefully lifted the pillow.

Seeing Chen Lu's pale face and blood trickling from the corner of her mouth, Yu Xiao felt a shudder run down her back and quickly turned away towards the room door. Ling Mama also wanted to follow Yu Xiao out, but upon turning and seeing the stern look on Madame Gong's face, she forced herself to feel Chen Lu for a breath and a heart rate.

Upon feeling neither, Ling Mama pushed down a shiver and turned meekly to Madame Gong and told her.

Unlike Yu Xiao and Ling Mama, Madame Gong eyed Chen Lu coldly and waited for some time and then told Ling Mama to check for air and a pulse again.

When Ling Mama again confirmed the same results, Madame Gong bent her lips into a sneer and then ordered Ling Mama to dip her and Yu Xiao's handkerchief in a little bit of onion juice. Once Ling Mama brought back the two handkerchiefs, both Madame Gong and Yu Xiao lightly tapped the handkerchief around their eyes, and like magic, tears fell from their faces incessantly and their eyes turned slightly red.

Now pleased with her appearance, Madame Gong ordered for Ling Mama to dispose of the stained pillow and for Ju Lo to go inform Minister Zhu and Grandmother Zhu.

Upon arriving and seeing the situation himself, Minister Zhu called in a Physician.

When the Physician checked and declared that Chen Lu is indeed dead, Minister Zhu's face turned black.

Being the current Minister of Rites, Minister Zhu knew that the current Emperor of Fanrong Nation valued rites and customs highly. As such, when a member of a family passes, the whole family is expected to host a vigil for the person and mourn until the end of the vigil. This meant, no celebration of any kind, especially a wedding. However, in this case, it took Minister Zhu quite a lot of effort to secure the Li family. He could not just push back the hard to get wedding for a funeral. In fact, do so may even make the Li family pull back on the proposal. Who in their right mind would want to wed a family that had just completed a vigil?!

Minister Zhu felt his head ached and he regretted not disposing of Chen Lu sooner. If only he had known that Chen Lu would pass the night before the grand wedding, he would have swiftly ended her life sooner and would have never had to deal with this type of predicament.

Thinking over how to best salvage the situation, Minister Zhu rubbed his chin and frowned. 'There is no other choice!' Minister Zhu sighed to himself before deciding to pull the physician aside and pay him a very hefty amount for his services and silence.

After sending the physician on his way, Minister Zhu then ordered all the Zhu family members out of Chen Lu's room and called for a manor meeting with all the Zhu family members and slaves in the manor. There, Minister Zhu strictly commanded, "No one is to speak of the second miss's situation. The manor will proceed with the wedding tomorrow and deal with the second miss's situation later. If even a slight hint of this is let out, all servants and maids in this manor will not be spared and their Master will also be punished harshly as well!"

A/N: If you enjoyed the story and want to help sponsor a chapter >>>> https://ko-fi.com/serendipitystories

For every $30 raised, an additional chapter will be posted. Up to two additional chapters per a week.