Zhu Yu Xiao, Farewell?

As the cold woman watched the last memories of the original Chen Lu play in her mind like a drama, she felt her current body involuntarily trembled and blood drew from her face. 'Even though the soul has changed, it seems the memories and emotions of the body still resides.' The cold women thought as the images of Ling Mama covering the original Chen Lu's face and the feelings of fear the original Chen Lu felt coursed through her mind and body.

The cold woman now residing in Chen Lu's body was coincidentally named Chen Lu as well. She belonged to a world much different from the original Chen Lu. In her world, strength was the ultimate ruler. Those who have strength rule over those who do not have strength. It was a ruthless world, and if one wanted to survive, they must be even more ruthless. Murder, crime, and death was as normal as the need to blink one's eyes.

As such, when she got hold of one of the 5 treasures present in her world, she quickly became the target of many and was eventually forced to destroy herself along with the treasure and those who sought after it. Being someone who had killed many in her time and fully accepting of the world for what it was, although she was not happy about her death, she accepted it.

However, when she entered the underworld, she crossed path with the original Chen Lu and changed her destined direction.

In the underworld, like many of the other souls there, she found the original Chen Lu crying out her agony and pain. With so many souls there in the same state, at first, the young woman did not care to pay much attention to the original Chen Lu - that was until she heard Chen Lu cry out, "Even if I go back. I'm useless. I have harmed my brother, my family hates me, and I am powerless. What's the point of me going back! I don't want to go back."

The young woman was surprised. Many of the dead people would give anything to be alive again. So, for the original Chen Lu to cry because she does not want to be alive again, was strange. Then an idea hit the young woman. Since the original Chen Lu was not due to die yet, but did not want to go back and the lady would love to have another chance at life, she quickly made a deal with the original Chen Lu, promising that she will help the original Chen Lu's brother.

...

Now, after consuming all the memories of the original Chen Lu, the cold woman finally had an adequate understanding of this new world that she had entered. "There seems to be no existence of cultivation in this world. Hmn... This should be fun!" The cold woman spoke to herself as she leisurely walked pass the dead body on the floor and opened Chen Lu's dresser. There, she chose a dark silky black dress with a few blood red peonies blooming from the bottom up and wore it.

Since the original Chen Lu was bed ridden for, roughly, 2 weeks, consumed nothing but medicinal drinks, and was not taken care of well, her physical appearance was hallowed and her complexion was very pale. Normally, any woman who had fallen into this state would not have dared to dress themselves in bold colors for fear of looking ghastly, yet, when the cold woman wore the dark dress, it somehow contrasted beautifully with her pale and weak appearance. The dark and bold dress did not overwhelm her presence and seemed to have somehow even detailed a fierceness about her.

Glancing at her reflection and feeling okay with it, Chen Lu then turned her attention back to the cold and slightly bloody body on the floor.

...

Zhu Yu Xiao and Young Master Li Wei's wedding celebration was nearing an end at the Zhu manor. At last, it was finally time to board the bride on the bridal carriage and take her to the groom's home. So, all the guests were ushered outside for the farewell event.

As Yu Xiao was carefully guided out towards the front gate to the extravagantly decorated red satin carriage by the old matron lady, a light breeze blew pass her. Although light, the breeze managed to lift up Yu Xiao's translucent red veil a tad, revealing an attractive face with nice and define high cheekbones, a narrow nose, sultry brown almond eyes with long, dark, curled lashes, and an inciting bright-red lip. Seeing this, all the women in the crowd pulled down their brows and their eyes shone with a tad of envy, while the men present found themselves gulping down air.

"No wonder Yu Xiao is on the Shensheng Di Mei ranking ....Eldest Young Master Li sure is lucky to welcome such a beauty!" The men all mumbled quietly. Theirs eyes not willing to leave Yu Xiao.

Pretending to not hear and pay any mind to the mumbles around her, Yu Xiao suppressed a satisfied smile on her lips and stopped a few meters before the large manor gates.

Seeing how proper her eldest daughter was, Madame Gong could not help but smiled proudly as she walked towards Yu Xiao to give her a few last words.

"Yu'er, you must remember to complete your duties as a wife to your husband and care for your in-laws well ...Being a daughter-in-law now, you must continue to practice patience and respect." Madame Gong dabbed her handkerchief around the corner of her eyes as she spoke endearingly to Yu Xiao.

As Yu Xiao nodded and inclined her head slightly towards Madame Gong, Ling Mama, took the farewell tea from the Zhu manor maid, poured it into a pure white porcelain teacup, and then brought it to Madame Gong.

With the farewell tea ritual being the last thing that a bride does in her family home before marrying into her husband's home. It is the mother's last blessing to the bride and her future.

Knowing this, Madame Gong carefully took the warm cup of tea from Ling Mama and wore a bittersweet smile on her face. "My daughter, I wish you the very best. May your life be filled with blessings, wealth, and health." Madame Gong felt her eyes watered as she said those words.

Yu Xiao too, could not help herself from tearing up behind her face veil. "Mother." Yu Xiao softly whispered as she curtsied slightly to Madame Gong and accepted the tea.

The onlookers who have married off daughters or have daughters that they know will be married off soon, felt tears welling in their eyes as they watched on. 'Aishii~ The marriage of daughters are bittersweet celebrations!' All the madams empathized with Yu Xiao and Madame Gong while they watched Yu Xiao bring the tea behind her veil.

Finishing the cup of farewell tea, as per the tradition, Yu Xiao handed the cup back to Madame Gong and curtsied again. "Mother, I.." Yu Xiao wanted to say some parting words to Madame Gong, but her eyes burned, and she felt her words stuck in her throat.

Madame Gong too felt the same way. Even though Yu Xiao was marrying into a prestigious family and envied by many, she was still her eldest child. Madame gong could barely suppress the tears in her eyes.

Lightly dabbing her eyes, as Yu Xiao bent her knees, Madame Gong shook her head and extended her hand to help Yu Xiao rise. Hoping to stop her and easy her body.

However, just as Madame Gong reached out her hand towards Yu Xiao, a sudden, sharp cry vibrated from Yu Xiao as she fell to the ground, gripping her stomach.

Madame Gong widened her eyes. Seeing Yu Xiao curled up into a fetal position and shrieking in pain, Madame Gong rushed forward and dropped to her knees before Yu Xiao.

"Yu'er!" Madame Gong cried.

Zhu Yan Ran (Madame Gong's second daughter), Minister Zhu, and Grandma Zhu rushed forward too. 

A/N: If you enjoyed the story and want to help sponsor a chapter >>>> https://ko-fi.com/serendipitystories

For every $30 raised, an additional chapter will be posted. Up to two additional chapters per a week.