2 - Not-So-Warm Welcome

"Nicolette, Stage 4!" Michael orders from the other side of the room. I sigh, setting my cup of tea back on the table.

Today is the first day Stars are allowed to come to the studio, and frankly, this is my least favourite part. People are constantly running around, readying the practice rooms and backstage area to make sure it's spotless. I don't understand why; it's not like it will stay that way. They say it's for first impressions, but, really, what is it we're trying to impress. I mean, the Stars are only just normal people, they just happen to have an abnormal job.

I find it absolutely ridiculous.

But I guess I'm the only one who does.

"Nicolette!" Michael warns.

"I'm going, I'm going. Calm your non-existent tits." I mutter, jogging over to the red door with 'STAGE 4' printed on the front in large, black lettering.

After a few minutes of aimlessly walking around the room, I finally decide to ask someone what exactly I'm in here for.

"Nicolette! I've been looking everywhere for you!" Lillian runs up to my, grabbing my arm and pulling me to the stairs.

"I've been here for, like, 10 minutes. Michael told me to come in here, although, he didn't exactly give me a task I was supposed to complete."

"Yeah, Michael is an idiot. Come with me," She rolls her eyes, heading up the steps to another large door, the only difference is 'DRESSING ROOM 1-6' printed across the front.

"And what are we doing here? Don't you dare say I need to wear a dress to meet the rest of the Stars," I look down at my current attire - a flimsy Boston t-shirt that I got a few years ago, a pair of light skinny jeans, and black converse. Why do we have to look perfect for them on the first day? The only other days they'll ever see me wear anything other than this is on show nights. Geez, you'd think we're meeting the freaking Aztec emperor. Do I need to bow too?

"Of course not, we're just having a few difficulties and we need someone's assistance."

I scoff, "So you thought confronting me? The most tasteless of all girls here?"

"It's not style wise, Nicolette. We just needed someone tall, and you happen to be the tallest person around." Well that's a first, considering I'm actually quite short anyways.

"Oh, okay."

"Good. Now, hold this up as high as you can." She says, shoving an extension cord in one of my hands, and a blow drier in another.

"Uhm, okay."

_-_-_

After a grueling 20 minutes of standing around with my arms raised over my head, I'm finally let out of the dressing rooms. Turns out there was a spark in the elecrical outlet that could have ended badly if we didn't check it out when we did. There was a power shortage due to the fuse box having been tampered with at some point. The entire building could have gone up in flames if we didn't do anything when we did. I'd rather have my arms cramping all day then everyone be hurt and put out for the season.

Currently, I'm wandering around the Main Stage, seating myself in each of the judges chairs and acting each one out. Carrie Ann is too sweet, if you ask me. Len is a freaking ass when he wants to be, but I know he's a real softie off camera. I like Julianne for the pure reason that she's takes sympathy for any injuries, in which I do have quite a history with. And of course for Bruno I didn't even have to sit down to do my reenactment of him.

"You seem to be having fun," Someone calls and I jump up from the chair, my cheeks flushing from having been caught. Derek laughs. "Don't be embarrassed; we've all had a time when we would mimic them."