Dormitory 3b

Evie laid on her bed thinking about her boyfriend's family. Mal was already asleep. She grabbed a post it note and scribbled to Mal where she was going. Before she could leave in one of Doug's band hoodies, Mal turned on the lamp.

"E?" She said squinting. "Where are you going at midnight?"

"Doug's, I couldn't sleep because I was thinking of him" Evie trailed off blushing hard.

"Oooo, someone got a little more serious in their relationship. That weekend with his family really sealed the deal?" Mal asked. Evie nodded smiling, still crimson.

"Yeah. Do you mind? This won't be a regular thing, it's just things started circling my mind" Evie said

"I go to Ben's all the time. And, E. It's going to become a regular thing. Just ask your roommate" she laughed. Evie gave her a look before joining her in laughter.

"Later, M" Evie said.

"Later, E" Mal said with a smile. Evie closed the door and walked down the stairs to room 3b.

Knocking on the door, her boyfriend came to the door wearing gray and green pajamas and a green shirt. He wasn't wearing glasses and seemed to be half asleep still.

"Evie?" he said blinking.

"Hi," she said as he stood aside and let her in. He turned on the light as her face twisted.

"For once, your room isn't organized" she said giggling. He smiled.

"Yeah, I didn't have time to really unpack before I started dozing off" he said. "What's up, though"

"I couldn't sleep. I kept thinking about you and your family and everything" Evie said looking away.

"What exactly about?" he asked, straightening up as she sat on his bed.

"Well, it's strange how they like me even though I'm like their sworn enemy" Evie said staring at her reflection in the mirror on the wall.

"How is it strange?" Doug asked throwing clothes into a basket.

"It's just shouldn't they hate me? How are they so open to liking me? I talked to your mom and she sort of reassured me, but I just don't get how everything went so smooth. Or why am I getting a happily ever after?" Evie said.

"Hmm. So you think there should have been a different reaction to them meeting you?" he asked as she nodded.

"Yeah, and like us, in general. I don't want to slow down and we don't need to, but I guess I'm not used to a relationship like ours. Everything seems to be a whirlwind of bliss, but should it be this way? Am I supposed to feel this happy?"

"Yes, you deserve to feel happy in a relationship and in general. I can see how you might feel overwhelmed, though"

"That's it. I'm overwhelmed" Evie said pinpointing his interpretation.

"I mean you met my parents and sister, extended family. Little hints regarding compatibility beyond dating. I know you must feel weird" Evie nodded as he smiled. "You're fine and we are fine. Nothing is going to happen to us. We can move as fast as you feel comfortable with. No one is forcing anything on us and if they are, we don't have to listen to them" he said.

"That's all. I had been thinking about that all night" Evie said as he smiled at her.

"Alright. Then I'll see you tomorrow" he said all too seriously. She frowned.

"Huh?" she said confused as he turned around waving.

"Bye, Evie" he said as her mouth curved to a smile and she sat on his lap.

"Shut up! I'm not leaving" she laughed as he did too. She wrapped her arms around his shoulders and kissed his cheek. "I love it when you don't have glasses on. There's no barrier to kissing you"

"Well, I need to go put them back on then" Doug said as Evie hit his arm playfully. He smiled at her. She smiled back as he kissed her quickly.

"I love you" he said pulling back a loose strand of her hair. She stood up and walked back to the spare bed.

"I love you too" she replied as got inside the covers. "Goodnight, Doug" Evie said softly.

"Goodnight, Evie" He said back.