0.0

There was a time where the Five Shinobi Villages did not exist and war raged between existing clans. Across the land, clans sent their children and loved ones to viciously fight in a tug of war of power. The greed and hatred that fueled this war led to the loss of many innocent lives. At the time, the bloodshed seemed to be unending which was unnerving to some, specifically to a man and his wife, Shinrai and Kibo, who had become parents during the height of the war.

The new parents were members of an incredibly powerful clan that excelled during the war but did not want their newborn child to have to grow up in an environment filled with killing and bloodshed, so Shinrai and Kibo Uzumaki left the clan that they have known their entire lives. Doing so allowed the child of the two to grow up away from the war that caused parents to send their children to be slaughtered and eventually the child went on to have children of his own. Through their lineage, a new clan was formed, the Koroshiamu clan.

The Koroshiamu clan was not only blessed with the seemingly unlimited chakra deposits of the Uzumakis but were also gifted with a kekkei genkai called the Yosogan. This ocular jutsu allowed the user to wield the elements at their command, among other things. Using this dojutsu required strenuous amounts of chakra to be exerted, causing most members to never be able to fully awaken the Yosogan, if they were even fortunate enough to possess such capability.

Even though there was hardly a fifth of the clans' members that were able to fully awaken the Yosogan, other clans began to view the Koroshiamus as a threat that needed to be eliminated. This brought on numerous battles where the odds seemed to have been stacked against the clan, but the clan survived regardless, causing them to gain more and more prestige and unwanted attention.

Despite being a relatively peaceful and minute clan, the growing prestige of the Koroshiamu clan caused them to draw the attention of power hungry leaders. A couple who belonged to the clan saw this and, just like Shinrai and Kibo had done many years prior, fled before the clan was wiped out of existence and officially declared extinct.

The Koroshiamu clan's story became a legend that was told to inspire future generations to not give up despite being dealt the worsts of odds but eventually became forgotten to most through the trials of time.

But what of that couple who escaped?

The couple gave birth to a healthy baby boy named Kyoju. Kyoju was a direct descendant of Yosogan users and possessed some traits of the peaceful fighters, however, he himself did not possess the dojustsu. As time went on, Kyoju settled down in a secluded village where he had children and their children had children. With each generation, each child would possess either the red hair and onyx colored eyes that marked a Yosogan user, but never both.

That is, until one night a sand storm forced a team of ninja stop in an abandoned house, where they are met by Sutoro, a young child whose onyx eyes stare quizzically at their own, only glancing away briefly to move the carmine red hair that fell in her face.