1.8

a/n: Hello! I am so sorry for such a delayed update. I have spent a lot of time protesting and organizing community events so I did not have the time, and when I was finally able to, my house caught on fire so I have been dealing with that :/ 

Everything's alright now so I should be able to get back to writing this, so I most definitely will update within the next two weeks (most likely sooner but I don't want to restrict myself to the point where I'm super stressed over it and I'm probably going to be doing some editing for this as well). Thanks so much for continuing to stick this out! 

Sutoro sat with the the other three genin as they gathered around their sensei. It had not been long since the white-haired jonin awoke from their previous encounter, and since his regaining of consciousness, the team had been planning what their next move would be. The atmosphere seemed to finally calm down, at least it had until the small boy dressed in green overalls came into the room, instantly eliminating any sort of relief.

"These guys will die," the boy, Inari, said addressing his mother. "There's no way they can oppose Gato and win," he stated bluntly, not willing to soften his words for the sake of their comfort.

Instantly, this kid irritated Sutoro. Although he was probably right, he had no right to simply disregard their life in such a bored and annoyed manner that he had, as if they were nothing but mere flies waiting for their short life span to come to a close. Much to no one's surprise, Inari's words didn't sit quite well with anyone else.

"Now listen up," Naruto began as he pointed a finger at the boy for emphasis. "I'm a super hero who's gonna become an awesome shinobi named Hokage in the future! I don't know if it's Gato or Chocolat or whatever... I'm not worried about those guys, at all!"

Sutoro had to give her friend props for giving the child a response that wasn't laced with venom or sarcasm, the thought of the Uzumaki having such a warm and bubbly personality was almost enough to make her smile. Unfortunately, the kid's demeanor was more than enough to combat those positive feelings.

"Huh, a hero," the boy questioned as he lowered his head so that the rim of his white hat covered his eyes. "That's ridiculous! There's no such thing! If you don't want to die, you'd better hurry up and go home," he exclaimed before turning to leave, letting his family know that he was going to the sea before disappearing.

Sutoro stared at the space that where the boy previously stood, debating on chasing after him but she wasn't sure if she wanted to give him a piece of her mind or if she wanted to figure out why he was the way that he was. After much contemplation, she slouched in her seated position and let out an annoyed huff of air, figuring that that was something for another time. With the squad having to stay there until the bridge was finished, surely she would have more run-ins with the unpleasant child.

Seeing how his students were once again riled up, Kakashi decided to dismiss them to the forest that was close to the small house so that he could teach them things that would aid them when they face Zabuza again.

Kakashi observed his students as he trailed behind them. Sasuke lead the group, hands in his pockets, with his signature apathetic look on his face. Not too far behind him was Sakura, who seemed conflicted on whether she should try to walk beside Sasuke or with the infamous troublemaking duo that walked behind her chatting and laughing as if they didn't have a care in the world. After some time, Sakura seemed to abandon the idea of walking with Sasuke and placed herself on the left of Sutoro instead.