Chapter 73

Chapter 73

Mu Xi Yao's "fault" was caught by Zhong Zheng Lin and she has been fixed by him. Thus, this day she has risen up at the hour of Wu. Mu Xi Yao got angry as soon as she recalled how she was half carried on his arms and shoulders to the room yesterday when they returned to the estate.

She has kindly reminded him of Zeng Yu's "deep affections" for him so that he would keep guard against her and won't fall for her scheme like in the previous lifetime. In the end, that man not only didn't appreciate her kindness, but he also framed her for having "other concerns in her minds".

However, when she remembered how she called him "elder cousin" in retaliation last night and how both love and hate appeared on his handsome face when he heard it, Mu Xi Yao felt she must have overachieved her goal.

As expected. When they've once again gone to consort Shu's palace to pay respect, the sixth prince's after-effect flared up.

"Elder cousin!" With an overly sweet smile, Zeng Yu strode over and curtsied to Zhong Zheng Lin.

Zhong Zheng Lin's expression paused for a moment. From the corner of his eyes, he saw the little woman curl her lips up. Sure enough, this little woman deliberately made him feel uneasy. Nowadays, whenever he heard "elder cousin" his whole body would feel uncomfortable. His mind was filled up with Mu Xi Yao's provocative touches of a seductress. His ears resonated with two words "elder cousin" which were spoken by her soft and mischievous voice that was so sultry it made man's heart itch. Recalling how the woman alluringly blossomed under his body like a flower bud opening its stamens, his heart stirred restlessly, unable to sit still.

"If your etiquette is not good then go back and learn it anew." Zhong Zheng Lin began to admonish her in the presence of everyone in the palace.

In the whole palace, no one called his Highness elder cousin upon seeing him.

Consort Shu first looked at her son's solemn expression and then at an aggrieved niece whose eyes were slightly red. For a moment, she felt extremely helpless. She didn't know what was going on with this son of hers. He wasn't fond of Yu'er since childhood. Many times, she told him to show tolerance and accommodate her. Yet, it would always end up like this.

"Yu'er is only a bit young. What she needs is only a proper education. Don't scare her."

"Mother-consort, would they be lenient toward you inside the palace just because you're young?" Zhong Zheng Lin's words secretly pointed to/hinted something.

Consort Shu was alarmed. She instantly recalled how noble consort has made things difficult for her both in public and private. Also, there was consort Chende who secretly put spokes on her wheel. Now that Pin xiuyi was gone, only she and noble consort had adult princes and were in high positions in the palace. They were currently standing on the spot where the wind and the waves were the fiercest. One careless move from her and probably even her son would be implicated.

Compared to her son, the weight of her niece was simply not worth mentioning. In a blink of eyes, consort Shu has understood merits and drawbacks. She might as well have her stay at home instead of letting a bad-mannered niece in the palace. In the future, she will appoint her an honorable marriage and give her more dowry. Her sister's entrust will be then justified.

Seeing that she was going to be sent out of the palace, Zeng Yu immediately became anxious.

It was easy to leave the palace, but coming in was extremely difficult. It was already rare for her to see a sight of the elder cousin. If she left, how would she have the opportunities to get close to him? Moreover, nothing was wrong with her calling him an elder cousin in the past. How come today it became such a serious matter that she even had to be driven out of the palace?