Carmin + Harry

*Harry’s POV*

            Carmin raced up to the ticket booth pulling me along with her. We were going to the local carnival. I’m not a big fan of carnivals. Crowds of people, greasy food, and the occasional rollercoaster, but Carmin wanted to go and I would do anything for her.

            We have been friends since we were little and I can’t remember a time when I didn’t know her. She was gorgeous with her black hair, brown eyes, and beautiful smile. She was one of the sweetest most down to Earth people I know and she is also hilarious.

            Though we are just friends; nothing more. I wish we could be more, I’m just afraid of rejection and I’m not sure if I’m willing to gamble what I already have with her.

            Once we had bought some tickets we entered the carnival. I smiled at her as she bounced up and down with excitement.

            “Harry what do you want to go on first? There’s the Ferris wheel, or the house of horros, flying swings, super slide or we can play some games instead!” she asked. I surveyed the carnival grounds and spotted a game with giant plush animals as prizes. I grinned and dragged Carmin with me to the game booth.

            “Okay love I’m going to win you a puppy!” I exclaimed. She laughed as I bought a round of darts. The aim of the game was to pop the balloons. I wasn’t the best at darts, but I didn’t think I was horrible. I was given three shots and needed at least two out of three.

            I steadied the first dart in my hand and aimed for a large balloon that was tacked on the board. Right as I was about to release the dart from my han-

“BOO!” Carmin screamed in my ear. I jumped and the dart landed on the board missing the balloons. She was laughing and I couldn’t help but smile at how cute she looked when she laughed. It was adorable.

I sighed and picked up the other dart. I got my aim and threw it this time before Carmin could say anything. With the loud pop of the balloon, I looked over at her and smirked.

“One shot left!” she giggled. I picked up the last dart and carefully focused towards a red balloon in the middle. I felt the pressure kick in of messing up and was cautious to let the dart go. It landed dead center on the balloon and I grinned as it popped.  

“Okay,” the sleazy man grumbled, “pick a prize.” I looked at the prize selection above and saw some mixed bunny frog thing and some other weird animal combinations. My eyes landed on a red stuffed puppy in the back and I pointed to it.

Once the man handed me the puppy I quickly handed it to Carmin.

“For you my darling!” I faked a posh accent. She blushed as she took the puppy. I quickly grabbed her hand and intertwined our fingers together. She chuckled as I headed towards the center of the carnival.

We raced around the place and went on various rides like the Ferris wheel and the super slide. Everything we went on we had a great time and laughed a ton. We even got some food at one point and everything was amazing.

“What do you want to do now? I picked the last thing.” I yelled out to be heard over the crowd. She hummed as she looked over the place. She then smiled as she tugged me over to the World of Mirrors.

We walked through the house and burst into fits of laughter at the distorted images the mirrors reflected of us. I was laughing at the reflection of myself with a huge head when I turned to see Carmin looking a bit sad at her reflection.

“Hey, you okay?” I asked softly. She looked up at me and gave me a half smile.

“Um yea…just yea.” She said weakly.

“What's wrong? I can tell something's up.” I questioned concerned.

“Yea, just sometimes I don’t feel as pretty with all those models out there and stuff. Then there are all those girls who are happy and in relationships and here I am.” She answered bitterly.

I couldn’t believe what she was saying. How could she see herself as anything less than beautiful?

“Carmin, you are the most stunning girl I have ever seen. I don’t think I have ever seen a model that looks prettier then you. Your eyes have this striking glow to them and your smile light’s up my world. I don’t think any model has such natural beauty like you. And not only are you gorgeous, but you have an amazing sense of humor and personality. So you’re both good-looking inside and out.” I spoke, meaning every word.

She looked stunned. I then took a deep breath. It was now or never and I knew Carmin was worth the gamble.

“I have always wanted to ask you this, but was always to scared. Carmin will you be my girlfriend?”

Her face lit up with her breath taking smile and she quickly shrieked, “Yes of course!”

I laughed as engulfed her into a hug and pecked her on the top of her head. I was a very lucky guy holding the most beautiful girl in my arms. Who was also now my girlfriend.