The Calmness of a Prince

That weekend, Hugo went to Enchancia Castle to see Sofia.

"Is, uh, Princess Amber here?" Hugo asked King Roland II.

"No, she went out to see Prince Desmond," said Roland.

Hugo was relieved to hear that, so he didn't have to worry so much. Just then, Hugo and Roland heard singing.

"Where's that singing coming from?" Hugo asked.

"That's probably coming from Sofia's room," said Roland.

When Roland and Hugo got to Sofia's room, it turned out that she was sewing her springtime dress for the springtime ball, and she was singing Cinderella's song Sing, Sweet Nightingale.

Oh, sing, sweet nightingale

Sing, sweet nightingale

High above me

Oh, sing, sweet nightingale

Sing, sweet nightingale

High above me

Oh, sing, sweet nightingale

Sing, sweet nightingale

High above me

Oh, sing sweet nightingale

Sing, sweet nightingale

High above me

Oh, sing sweet nightingale

Sing, sweet nightingale

High above me

Just then, Sofia saw Roland and Hugo.

"Hugo, what are you doing here?" Sofia asked. "Was I expecting you?"

"I just came to see you, Sofia, and no, you weren't expecting me," said Hugo.

"Well, Amber isn't here, so you can just relax now," said Sofia.

"Alright," said Hugo.

"Why are you so worried about Amber, Hugo?" Roland asked.

"Amber keeps seducing Hugo a lot in front of everyone at school, and she's been rattling his nerves," said Sofia.

"And especially in front of Sofia," said Hugo.

"Well, I don't know what's gotten into Amber, but I'm sure she'll get over it very soon," said Roland.

"Okay," said Hugo.

"Well, until she gets back, let's soak up every minute we have together," said Sofia. "Would you like a little snack?"

"Alright," said Hugo.

"And I know the perfect spot," said Sofia.

A little later, Sofia took Hugo to a bush with a yellow ribbon.

"Here it is," said Sofia. "I tied the ribbon here, so I won't forget the way in."

"The way in where?" asked Hugo.

Sofia took the ribbon, opened a door in the bushes—which let to a wooden gate behind the bush—and said, "My secret garden."

Sofia opened the wooden door, which revealed a massive, beautiful garden with butterflies, trees, flowers, and a stream.

"Whoa, this is amazing," said Hugo.

As the prince and princess enjoyed themselves in the garden, Sofia told Hugo the story of how she accidentally created her evil clone, Bad Sofia (AKA Sofia the Worst).

"So why was the copy's dress pink when you had a purple dress?" Hugo asked.

"I didn't realize it before, but it was a sign that I messed up the copying spell, and she turned out to be a rotten troublemaker," said Sofia.

"Really?" Hugo asked.

"Yeah, but in the end, our sorcerer made her disappear, so we'll never have to worry about Bad Sofia ever again," said Sofia.

"Well, I'm very thankful I've never met Bad Sofia," said Hugo. "I can't even imagine how it would be if the real you were evil."

"Well, Hugo, I have to warn you," said Sofia. "I have a few pink gowns in my closet, but I barely wear pink anyway."

"That's good, Sofia; if you wear a pink dress, Amber and James would mistake you for your evil copy," Hugo pointed out.

Sofia knew that Hugo was right—if she had worn pink, Amber and James would've mistaken her for Bad Sofia.

Just then, Sofia saw Clover hiding in the bushes.

"This must be Prince Hugo," Clover whispered.

"Yup, he's been awfully nervous lately because of Amber," said Sofia.

"I hear Amber has been acting pretty strangely," said Clover.

Hugo saw Clover with Sofia and asked, "What's with the bunny, Sofia?"

Sofia hoped Hugo didn't know that she could talk to animals, so she said, "This is my pet bunny Clover. He's probably looking for something to eat."

"Does he like blueberries?" Hugo asked.

"Clover loves blueberries," said Sofia. "Let me show you a fun way to feed Clover."

"Oh, I'm ready when you are," said Clover.

Sofia tossed a blueberry, and Clover jumped up and ate it.

"Wow, he's good," said Hugo.

"Do you want to try?" Sofia asked.

"Sure," said Hugo. He tossed a blueberry, and Clover ate it.

"How did you train Clover to do that?" Hugo asked. "It's easy if your pet loves food," said Sofia.