Chapter 2

I jumped up from my laying position, suddenly feeling stronger by the minute my eyes bolting open and widening in surprise, he too jumped from the bed and stood In front of me, a sorrowful look painted across his usually scowling face. I looked at him like he was an animal with the Black Plague and opened my mouth to say exactly what I was thinking, but a surging pain shot through my body forcing me to lay back down groaning in pain.

"Be careful , they hit you pretty hard." He whispered as if he was almost scared to speak. I took a few deep breaths and built up my strength.

"Why the hell am I in your bed, in your house, with you?!!!" I was fuming, the guy who caused all of my tears and pain was standing in front of me, caring, urgh it made me want to throw up.

"Well you see.. I found you unconscious outside of school this morning, and umm brought you here so you weren't alone." He scratched the back of his neck nervously. He looked cute when he was nervous. What? They must have hit me pretty hard.

I shook out of my daydream to see him looking hopefully down at me.

"Well thanks, Brad." I said dismissively, rising from the bed and standing up. "I think I'll leave now, no one would want a FREAK in their home, I might leave GERMS. You must wash you bed sheets, I have laid on them after all!" I sarcastically emphasised, with my hands flying through the air in an dramatic manor. I spoke angrily not looking at him and searching for my bag, after a couple of seconds I turned back to the boy, his eyes wide with shock, the guilt obviously overflowing from them.

"I'll see ya around, or not, I'll probably see you for the usual Wednesday abuse, I'm sure your very excited for that, oh and congratulate your 2 personal slaves on knocking me unconscious, I'm sure they'll get pleasure from hearing that." I had never spoken this much to anyone (apart from my family), I had never stuck up for myself or made a sarcastic comment , this was new, a good type of new.

I flipped my hair onto my shoulder and exited the room, slamming the door and not looking behind me until I had reached the front gate, then I looked up to his bedroom window to find his eyes already on me, staring like I had committed a murder. I scoffed and continued walking until I reached my house.

I took the long route home, it was only half past 2, I'm usually home from school around 3:15 so I had time to kill. The park seemed pretty empty as I strolled through, casually looking at my phone every couple of minutes to seem 'busy'. Each time nothing changed, no new calls or messages, I was stupid to think someone would want to speak to me. I sat down In front of a oak tree, and read the book I had been trying to read for a long time 'the fault in our stars'.