chapter 3

7:30 pm -

I came to the last page of my book, sniffling and wiping away the tears that had built up over the past few chapters, closing the book for one last time I checked my watch. 7:30 pm... I continued my walk home watching the winter evening in all it's spender, the street lamps shining, the smoke like gas that leaves you each time you breath, the little bit of happiness in my dark world. Home seemed a lot further away now the skies had become dark and the forty five minute walk home didn't seem as pleasant as it would have been hours ago...

I had been walking for too long, my fingers had frozen to my satchel bag and my nose had gone numb, my teeth began chattering and something told me I couldn't make it home like this. My school blazer was no match for the cold and frost. Why does mum have to be right about bringing a coat to school 'even though I'm only getting on a bus'' Well not today! Stupid brad and his stupid hero act with stupid Ashley and Tiffany. I want to stop taking their rubbish, to stick up for myself like I did with brad, but when the time comes that I need to, I freeze, and they take it for granted.

9:00pm-

I walked through the front door, the hot air from inside hitting my face like a large wave. Walking home had taken far longer than expected, and half way through I was sure I was dead but ... Obviously not. " tess, honey is that you?" She seemed happy to say I'm more than 5 hours late. "Yeah, sorry I'm late home mum, I umm had a project to do with a friend from school." Nailed it! "Oh really! That's nice, well dinners ready so come on."

Throughout dinner I had to deal with the odd question of 'which friend?' and 'where do they live?' So I made it easy for myself and said brad and his address. She believed anything I told her , like the reason I had bruises and scratch marks was because we played rugby in p.e and brad had a mental cat, thank god she can't see my stomach cos that would be quite hard to excuse.

It was only Tuesday so by 10:30 I was in bed scrolling through tumblr the only social website I dared to have, my account was a fake name and had no photo, I couldn't risk the abuse.