That Was Weird Part 5

(Arden)

I stormed into the house, right before dark.  "Mom!"  I yelled, heading into the living room.  I found her and my father talking quietly to each other, and immediately stop when I walk in.  I eye them carefully before asking, "Did you tell Lara where I was?"

They schooled their worried looks as she answered, "No, of course not.  You are just predictable." 

I set my supplies on the floor, mumbling, "Yeah, that's what people keep saying."

"Honey," Mom glanced at my father.  "Your father has a business trip, and wants me to go.  Will you be alright here by yourself?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine.  Go with Dad.  I'm sure he needs your help," I walk up to my room.

"Son, we are leaving tomorrow," Dad called up the stairs.  

"That's a last minute trip.  What time?" I turned and leaned over the rail.

"Long before you get up.  We love you, okay," Mom got up and hugged me.  She placed a kiss on my cheek and Dad hugged me too.  "Just don't go anywhere tomorrow okay?  We will be back soon.  Don't leave the house at all."

"Okay," I studied their faces.  "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, everything is fine, honey.  Go to bed," Mom smiled as Dad clapped my shoulder.

"Okay, be careful.  Love you all," I headed up the stairs into my room.  I closed my door, and stood in suspicion.  "That was weird." I murmured to myself.  I turned on the shower in my bathroom and took a quick five-minute one.  Only in boxers, I climbed into bed.  I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. 

I was standing in the middle of a meadow.  I turned in a circle.  It was covered with bright green grass, huge oak trees, and there was a waterfall in the distance.  "Where am I?" I wondered.  I turned  and behind me was a beautiful girl.  She had pink hair and pale lashes.  Suddenly, some of her face fell away like a broken mirror shattered into a million pieces.  I stumbled back in surprise.  Soon a different girl was in her place.  This one was blonde haired with brown highlights, light grey eyes, and bright red lips.  But most of all, she had a navy colored tattoo which ran over her collar bone to the back of her right shoulder blade.  "Who are you?" I asked her.  I heard sizzling behind me and turned to see a cloud of grey fog roll over the horizon.  

"Run!" she yelled as she turned and bolted.  I was frozen, but a weird looking creature with black claw hands and a mouth full of piranha teeth pounced onto me.  Suddenly, it busted into black dust.  The girl stood over me with a dagger in her hand.  A green emerald shined on the hilt.  More leaped at us.  

I bolted up in my bed, out of breath.  I raised my hand and it shook with adrenaline caused by fear.  My body was covered in sweat, and I kicked my sheets off, running my hand through my dark hair.  Realistically, that dream was not possible, but it felt real.  I grabbed my sketch book.  I sketched the girl, both images of her.  The clawed creature, the beautiful land and then the grey fog coming over the horizon. When I was finished, the sun was up.  I placed my book on my desk, and went to get ready for the day.